A pastor identified as, Rev. Isaac Newton-Wusu has been arrested for allegedly raping minors at a school for orphans in Ogun state.
The septuagenarian cleric who is said to be the Director of Home School, was accused of assaulting and raping some pupils of the Stephen Centre International School in Abeokuta.
His victims are said to be between the ages of 12 and 16 years. He reportedly raped one of the victims on four different occasions sometime in 2010 at his office in Abeokuta.
However counsel to the Pastor arrested for raping minors, Samuel Nwaji prayed the court to admit the defendant to bail on liberal terms.
State counsel, Solomon Mareh, who insisted that the cleric was not who the defense counsel described him to be, said he had a penchant for tampering with witnesses.
According to punchng.com, the defendant was granted bail in the sum of N5m with two sureties in like sum, who must show evidence of three years’ tax payment. The defendant was ordered to be remanded in the Kirikiri Prison in Lagos pending when the bail conditions would be perfected, as the case was adjourned the case till April 4 for hearing of the preliminary objection to the suit.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019