Maurizio Sarri is on the brink of getting sacked as Chelsea manager and could get the boot if they lose the Carabao Cup to Manchester City on Sunday, the UK Mirror reports.
There is growing concern among the club’s hierarchy, after a string of bad results and also Sarri’s relationship with the fans.
The Italian now appears to be a dead man walking at Stamford Bridge and is running out of time as they face Malmo in the Europa League on Thursday night, Manchester City at Wembley on Sunday and then Tottenham next Wednesday.
Chelsea fans chanted for Frank Lampard on Monday night but the Derby boss is in his first season and may be unsure about the task ahead.
Juventus boss Max Allegri could be a big-name alternative, but Zinedine Zidane’s chances are not helped by his poor English.
- Plateau Supplementary: Live results, updates March 23, 2019
- Nigeria now more divided than during civil war – Obasanjo March 23, 2019
- BBNaija Reunion: Alex bursts into tears and walks out after Cee-C revealed to the World that she had sex with Tobi in SA after the show (Videos) March 23, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 23 March 2019 – How To Pray and Study God’s Word March 23, 2019
- BBNaija Reunion: Don’t bring my friends and I into your reunion lies and propaganda’ – Miracle fires Nina March 23, 2019