Fresh Kaduna attack: The Chairman Sanga Local Government Council, Kaduna State, Mr Charles Danladi, has confirmed the death of 10 persons in an attack on Nandu village in the area.
The chairman told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kafanchan on Saturday that the attack occurred on Friday and 11 houses were burnt.
Danladi, however, said that normalcy had since returned to the affected village, as the local council intensifies efforts at dousing tension to prevent reprisal.
He said youths of the area had been summoned and counselled against embarking on any acts capable of escalating the ugly situation.
A resident of the affected village, who pleaded anonymity told NAN that the attack was suspected to have been launched by Fulani herders in retaliation for an attack on them by locals before the general election.
He said, at least 11 cows and 28 sheep were killed during that attack.
Efforts to get police reaction was unsuccessful as the Spokesman of Kaduna State Police Command, DSP Yakubu Sabo did not respond to calls on his handset.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019