Claudio Ranieri has just been appointed as Roma coach until the end of the season, this is following his sack from Fulham.
The 67-year-old had just been sacked by Premiership club Fulham after just 106 days in charge before securing an immediate return to coach Italian football club, Roma.
‘I’m delighted to be coming back home,’ Ranieri said. ‘When Roma call you, it’s impossible to say no.’
The former Leicester City manager who was previous coach of Roma from 2009 to 2011 replaces Eusebio Di Francesco who was dismissed following the club’s Champions League last-16 exit at the hands of Porto on Wednesday.
‘Claudio’s from the city, he’s a Roma fan but more than that, he’s one of the most experienced coaches in world football,’ said Roma director Francesco Totti.
‘What we need now is a safe pair of hands to guide us back into the top four and ensure that we are playing Champions League football again next season. We have 12 games left and we need to win as many of them as possible.’
- A customs officer promoted after rejecting $420,000 bribe March 18, 2019
- Former President Goodluck Jonathan denies quitting politics March 18, 2019
- Nicki Minaj strikes suggestive pose in new sultry photo March 18, 2019
- Nollywood actress, Nnaji Charity gets a new SUV from a fan March 18, 2019
- Rigging only keeps incompetent people in office – Peter Obi March 18, 2019