DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2019 – A Balanced Diet by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: A Balanced Diet
TEXT: Matthew 10:34-42
34. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
37. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39. He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
41. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward.
42. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.” – (Matthew 10:34).
Life is not always a bed of roses. Sometimes, a man passes through resilience beyond measure. At other times, life is simply “sweet”, too rosy to dismiss. In sum, life is a mixed grill of the good and the bad.
The Lord Jesus had shared with His disciples eternal perspectives and then some mountain-top experience conferred power and authority on them. While they were basking in that excitement, He immediately proceeded to tell them of the grim reality that they would face and a possible backlash from those who lacked maturity and might turn from the faith. The Great Shepherd surely knew and still knows how best to feed His flock!
Today’s religious people prefer sugarcoated messages which arouse their sensual dictates and massage their ego. No wonder healing, prosperity, and so-called dominion theology have seemingly relegated to the background the cross of Christ, holiness, self-denial and heaven. Mercifully, the foundation of God stands sure and those who mutilate, manipulate and twist the Word for carnal considerations, do so to their own eternal peril.
DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2019 – A Balanced Diet
To maintain a mature Christian life that can usher us into God’s holy kingdom, we must have a balanced diet of every part of His commandment. No part of the word of God must be put aside as too hard, too simple or irrelevant.
Hearing or teaching only the “sweeter” side of the gospel without accepting the sacrifices, consecration and the cross to bear, is like feeding only on meals with a heavy sugar content without taking into consideration the possibility of one’s health being impaired eventually. Whether sweet or bitter, the whole counsel of God must be heartily accepted and graciously applied (James 1:22).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The milk and the bone of God’s word must be readily received and humbly obeyed.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2019 – A Balanced Diet was written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi, the General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry.