Embattled R&B singer, R. Kelly has been released from Cook County Jail after $161,633 in child support was paid on his behalf.
Sophie Ansari, a spokeswoman for the Cook County Sheriff’s Department, which operates the jail, said that the money was posted sometime Saturday morning. But she did not know who posted the money.
Kelly, 52, was ordered into custody on Wednesday by a judge after he said that he did not have the entire $161,633 he owed his ex-wife, Drea Kelly in child support.
Last month, he was charged with 10 counts of aggravated sexual abuse for sexually assaulting four women between 1998 and 2010 and his alleged victims include three who were aged between 13 and 17 at the time.
He was locked in prison for three days before a female friend named Valencia Love, 47, who is said to be the owner of Lord & Child Christian Daycare posted the embattled singer’s $100,000 bail, which accounts for 10 percent of the $1 million dollar bond.
Last week, it was also reported that the woman received multiple bomb threats from angry Americans and was forced to evacuate her daycare center.
Watch video of R.Kelly leaving prison below.
HAPPENING NOW: R. Kelly has been released from jail after a Cook County sheriff's spokeswoman said someone paid $161,000 in back child support for him https://t.co/aYIcGo5zvO pic.twitter.com/3rDjmrx6IO
— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 9, 2019
- A customs officer promoted after rejecting $420,000 bribe March 18, 2019
- Former President Goodluck Jonathan denies quitting politics March 18, 2019
- Nicki Minaj strikes suggestive pose in new sultry photo March 18, 2019
- Nollywood actress, Nnaji Charity gets a new SUV from a fan March 18, 2019
- Rigging only keeps incompetent people in office – Peter Obi March 18, 2019