Open Heaven 16 April 2019 Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TOPIC: Straight To The Point
“Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight.” – (Luke 18:41).
READ: John 5:1-9 (KJV) Open Heaven 16 April 2019
1. After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2. Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
3. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
4. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water; whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
5. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.
6. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
7. The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool; but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
8. Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
9. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked; and on the same day was the sabbath.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 16 April 2019 – Straight To The Point
One important thing about God that we must quickly learn as his children is the great power, authority and significance attached to His word. Psalm 138:2 tells us that God even magnifies His word above His name.
The enormity of this statement is amplified when you realize that His name is above all other names in heaven and on earth, and that at the mention of his name every knee must bow (Philippians 2:9?-19).
It is therefore not surprising that God only speaks whenever it is absolute necessary, and his words are usually few and straight to the point. When God speaks to you, it is better you pay close attention to every minute detail of His words. As partakers of his divine nature, God expects us to be like him by going straight to the point whenever we have the opportunity of communicating with Him. Open Heaven 16 April 2019 – Straight To The Point
Jesus manifested this desire in His interaction with people when He was with us here on earth. In today’s Bible reading, when Jesus asked the paralysed man, who had been suffering for thirty-eight year, if he wanted to be healed, He expected an answer that was straight to the point, but what He got was a rambling speech. However, Jesus mercifully healed him.
Open Heaven 16 April 2019 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Our Lord Jesus Christ teaches us in Mathew 6:7 that prayers are not necessarily answered because of the multitude of words. God answer prayers based on His love for His children. Because of His grace, He gives us things we do not deserve, and He shields us from harmful desires through His mercy.
When David was confronted with one of the most distressful situation of his life at Ziklag, he wants straight to the point in his prayer to God in (1 Samuel 30:8), which says:
“And David enquired at the LORD, saying shall I persue after this troop? Shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Persue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.”
After his conversation with God, David and his men went ahead to recover all that the enemy had carried away from them. There was not a single things that was lost. I prophesy into your life that before the end of this year, there shall be a recovery of everything you have lost in Jesus’ Name.
Is your health been invaded by sickness? Are you troubled on every side? Is your source of income under such terrible attacks that it has become difficult to make ends meet? Is the ocean of life threatening the survival of your marriage?
Open Heaven 16 April 2019 – Straight To The Point
Are you struggling to maintain your relationship with God because of sinful demands at your place of work? Are you agitated because of the fear of the future? I decree the immediate release of the power of God to deal with all your problems and to give you all-round peace in Jesus’ Name.
Ask for an unprecedented outpouring of God’s Spirit and power on His Church today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Genesis 11-13, Jeremiah 18:19-19:9
Hymn 3 – When we walk with the Lord
1. When we walk with the Lord,
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey!
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Nor a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows
And the joy He bestows
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Open Heaven 16 April 2019 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.
Regina Daniels showcases her new Mercedes Brabus on Instagram
Nollywood teen actress, Regina Daniels is now a new owner of a Mercedes Brabus and she has showed it off...
Ghanaian Actor Prince David Osei attacks Gays And Lesbians
Actor Prince David Osei, took to social media to call out gays and lesbians over what he regarded as an...
Stunning photos of Jordyn Woods from her hotel room in Nigeria
American model, Jordyn Woods, who is currently in Nigeria took to her Instagram page to share these stunning photos of...
I am struggling vocally, says Waje
One of Nigeria’s leading female songstress, Waje, has revealed that she is struggling vocally at the moment. In a candid...
- This is Fate 26 April 2019 Update – Zee World April 25, 2019
- Twist of Fate 26 April 2019 Update – Zee World April 25, 2019
- Mehek 26 April 2019 Update – Zee World April 25, 2019
- Education is a wise response to Boko Haram terrorism, says Buhari April 25, 2019
- Former Barcelona president Sandro Rosell acquitted of money laundering after spending nearly two years in prison. April 25, 2019