Sri Lanka’s top police official, Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundara, has resigned over failures that led to the deadly Easter bomb attacks, the country’s president said on Friday.
“The IGP has resigned. He has sent his resignation to the acting defence secretary. I’ll nominate a new IGP soon,” President Maithripala Sirisena told reporters.
Sirisena’s nominee has to be confirmed by a constitutional council. The resignation comes after the country’s top defence ministry official, defence secretary Hemasiri Fernando resigned on Thursday.
Actress Funke Adesiyan becomes Aisha Buhari’s aide
Actress Funke Adesiyan has been appointed the Personal Assistant to the First Lady on Domestic and Social events alongside five...
Smoking weed doesn’t make you cool, says Naira Marley
Nigerian comtroversial rapper, Naira Marley has posted another controversial tweet again which has stirred up a serious debate on social...
Wendy Williams honored with Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Photos)
Wendy Williams has been honored with a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame. The talk show host received the 2,677th...
Actress Tonto Dikeh reveals the best part of her body
Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh, has said her vagina is the most magical part of her body. The 34-year-old made this...
- Actress Funke Adesiyan becomes Aisha Buhari’s aide October 18, 2019
- Smoking weed doesn’t make you cool, says Naira Marley October 18, 2019
- Mehek 20 October 2019 Update on Zee World October 18, 2019
- Man Utd vs Liverpool: Woodward speaks on sacking Solskjaer October 18, 2019
- Sir Alex Ferguson accused of match fixing October 18, 2019