Arsenal forward, Vivianne Miedema and Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk have won the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year awards for 2018/2019.
Van Dijk, 27, beat Raheem Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Sergio Aguero, Sadio Mane and Eden Hazard in the vote by his fellow players.
Miedema, 22, beat Steph Houghton, Nikita Parris, Keira Walsh, Erin Cuthbert and Ji So-Yun to win the award.
However, Manchester City forward Sterling, won the men’s young player prize.
City also provided winners for two other awards, with England forward Georgia Stanway claiming the women’s young player prize and England captain Houghton receiving the PFA Special Achievement award.
Van Dijk succeeds Liverpool team-mate Mohamed Salah, who won for 2017/2018 and is the first defender to take the award since Chelsea centre-back John Terry in 2005
Comparing yourself to others is a slap in the face of God- Adesua Etomi
Nollywood star actress Adesua Wellington-Etomi has shared a word of encouragement to her fans and followers who are challenged with...
Pete Edochie fires African men who kneel down to propose to their wives to be
Veteran actor, Pete Edochie has frowned at the way Africans are adopting the doctrines and culture of the whites, thereby...
Rihanna loses patience with rude follower and blocks him
Rihanna lost her cool after a follower was rude to her and called her a “heaux” (which basically means a...
Tonto Dikeh referred to as “Mr King Tonto” on note welcoming her to Dubai
Tonto Dikeh was referred to as a Mister in a note welcoming her to Dubai. “Welcome to Dubai Mr. King...
- Comparing yourself to others is a slap in the face of God- Adesua Etomi November 15, 2019
- Pete Edochie fires African men who kneel down to propose to their wives to be November 15, 2019
- Nigeria govt says no going back on social media regulation November 15, 2019
- Court throws out Busola Dakolo’s rape suit, in favour of Pastor Fatoyinbo November 15, 2019
- Kogi Election: Forgive Yahaya Bello – Aisha Buhari begs Nigerians November 15, 2019