DCLM Daily Manna 27 May 2019 Devotional by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: Damned By Disobedience
TEXT: Numbers 20:1-13
1. Then came the children of Israel, even the whole congregation, into the desert of Zin in the first month; and the people abode in Kadesh; and Miriam died there, and was buried there.
2. And there was no water for the congregation; and they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron.
3. And the people chode with Moses, and spake, saying, Would God that we had died when our brethren died before the LORD!
4. And why have ye brought up the congregation of the LORD into this wilderness, that we and our cattle should die there?
5. And wherefore have ye made us to come up out of Egypt, to bring us in unto this evil place? it is no place of seed, or of figs, or of vines, or of pomegranates; neither is there any water to drink.
6. And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces; and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.
7. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
8. Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock; so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.
9. And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as he commanded him.
10. And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?
11. And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice; and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.
12. And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.
13. This is the water of Meribah; because the children of Israel strove with the LORD, and he was sanctified in them.
DCLM Daily Manna 27 May 2019 – Damned By Disobedience
“And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.” – (Numbers 20:12).
A little over a decade ago, a squirrel caused serious power outage that left the state house and other down town Topeka (capital of Kansas State) without power. The squirrel got into a power station and touching different parts of an electric power circuit caused serious damage.
From the text, Israel, under Moses’ leadership, advanced towards Canaan again after about thirty-eight years of a long and tedious journey through the wilderness; but there was no water for the congregation to drink. For this reason, they murmured against Moses and Aaron. They fell into the same unbelief like their fathers.
DCLM Daily Manna 27 May 2019 – Damned By Disobedience
Complaining out of unbelief became an incurable setback for the nation of Israel, which made their pain worse. But Moses and Aaron acted wrongly; for once, Moses the meekest man on the earth succumbed to intimidation and acted unadvisedly; he called them rebels and struck the rock as commanded by the Lord. He paid dearly for it: both he and Aaron were denied the privilege of leading Israel into the Promised Land.
Moses especially had had an unbroken record of unquestioning obedience to God’s word and humility in his dealings with the Israelites. But a little deviation from God’s command brought great consequences like the squirrel above. Moses and Aaron took much of the glory of this work of wonder to themselves thereby incurring God’s displeasure.
Like the Israelites, believers forget the goodness of the Lord so quickly and His call. Our fickle memories soon forget His past benefits due to the need of the present. We must remain faithful to God in both big and small matters.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
No one changes God’s message – His message changes us.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 14
DCLM Daily Manna 27 May 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
‘Big boobs suck and they hurt’ – Ex-Playboy model warns women against breast enlargement surgery
Former Playboy model, Simone Holtznagel who is known for her killer curves and large E-cup breasts has shared a chilling...
Stefflon Don puts her cleavage on display in hot photos
British-Jamaican rapper, Stefflon Don shared these stunning new photos of herself posing in a revealing dress which showcased her cleavage....
Photos of Kevin Hart and his wife Eniko
American comedian/actor, Kevin Hart’s wife Eniko Hart shared these lovely photos of them posing together during their vacation in Thailand....
Cyber-crime is giving Nigerians a horrible image in the international community, says Falz
Rapper Falz has reaffirmed his resolve to continue condemning social vices in his songs, noting that cyber-crime has given Nigerians...
- Seeds of Destiny 20 June 2019 – Your Company & Your Destiny June 20, 2019
- Open Heaven June 20, 2019 – More than Conquerors June 20, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 20 June 2019 – The Enemy’s Strategy June 20, 2019
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 20 June 2019 – Sickness Is Not From God June 20, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 20 June 2019 – Forgiveness in Marriage June 20, 2019