The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on Wednesday, thanked President Muhammad Buhari for not converting him to Islam and for disappointing those who thought he had an agenda to Islamise Nigeria.
He stated this at the valedictory session of the Federal Executive Council.
“Let me begin by thanking God for the opportunity Mr President has availed me to serve.
Mr President, I met you first in 2007. I had never seen you before because when you were the head of state I was a student in University of Ibadan, a radical one at that, a Marxist, so we were among those who demonstrated against some of your policies.
You recalled when you came to my chambers in 2007, I wished you good luck and you turned to me and said, don’t wish me good luck, wish me the best of luck.
Recall I told you, you are the best material to be President of Nigeria, but unfortunately the elites will not allow you to be president and I was in PDP.
Mr President, let me thank you for not converting me to Islam. I say that specifically because in 2014, when I walked into Christ the King Catholic Church, I was literally chased out of the church as a governor because I was accused of supporting a man whose agenda was to Islamize Nigeria.
And in Rivers State they began to call me Alhaji Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi. I thank you because they have dropped the Alhaji and back to Mr Chibuike Amaechi.
I was told in the cause of the campaign that you were autocratic and, therefore, you will not be democratic.
Most of us are not happy that you have moved from the autocratic nature of yours to an extreme democrat that everything is put to test of the people, to the extent that the people now feel that the only way things can go on in this country is by the rule of law.
We all know that the rule of law is the beginning and the end of this government. Talking about the financial impunity that we saw before, people were making money without having any productive capacity for that.”
- Biden attacks Trump for invoking George Floyd June 6, 2020
- Trump invokes George Floyd’s name while taking economic victory lap June 6, 2020
- Rhapsody of Realities 6th June 2020 – He Has Quenched Your Thirst June 6, 2020
- Seeds of Destiny 6th June 2020 – Connecting The Nature of God Through Prayer June 6, 2020
- Our Daily Bread Saturday 6th June 2020 – Found on the Edges June 5, 2020
- Age is Just a Number Full Story, Plot, Cast
- Twist of Fate 6th June 2020 Update
- Twist of Fate 5th June 2020 Update
- Age is Just a Number 5th June 2020 Update
- Winners’ Chapel 5th June 2020 Covenant Hour of Prayer
- Our Daily Bread 5th June 2020 Devotional - Useful Temptation
- Family Affairs Full Story, Plot Summary, Casts, Teasers - StarLife
- This is Fate 6th June 2020 Update
- Live Daily Mass 5th June 2020 Friday St Peter & Paul’s Church Ireland
- Watch George Floyd's memorial service held in Minneapolis
- ZEE WORLD UPDATES1 day ago
Twist of Fate 5th June 2020 Update
- ZEE WORLD UPDATES8 hours ago
Twist of Fate 6th June 2020 Update
- LIVE STREAMING5 days ago
Holy Mass and Eucharistic Adoration 1 June 2020 Divine Retreat Centre Ramsgate, UK
- FEATURED NEWS1 day ago
Watch George Floyd’s memorial service held in Minneapolis
- ZEE WORLD UPDATES1 day ago
Age is Just a Number 5th June 2020 Update
- FEATURED NEWS5 days ago
Breaking: Oshiomhole, Secondus and others hold meeting with INEC ahead of Edo, Ondo poll
- FEATURED NEWS4 days ago
Live Event with NASA Astronauts in Space
- DAILY DEVOTIONAL & SERMON4 days ago
Joel Osteen Devotional 2nd June 2020 Tuesday – Don’t Let Bitter Seeds Take Root