DCLM Daily Manna 17 June 2019 Devotional by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: Simply Beware
TEXT: John 18:19-27
19. The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine.
20. Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
21. Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them; behold, they know what I said.
22. And when he had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so?
23. Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why smitest thou me?
24. Now Annas had sent him bound unto Caiaphas the high priest.
25. And Simon Peter stood and warmed himself. They said therefore unto him, Art not thou also one of his disciples? He denied it, and said, I am not.
26. One of the servants of the high priest, being his kinsman whose ear Peter cut off, saith, Did not I see thee in the garden with him?
27. Peter then denied again; and immediately the cock crew.
KEY VERSE: “And Simon Peter stood and warned himself. They said therefore unto him, Art not thou also one of his disciples? He denied it, and said, I am not.” – (John 18:25).
DCLM DAILY MANNA 17 JUNE 2019 MESSAGE:
The most valiant of warriors becomes very vulnerable in the enemy’s territory. It is within this place that he is expected to be most cautious, treading every path carefully. Soldiers in warfare are often warned to keep off the enemy’s territory as much as possible, if they are going to remain safe.
Simon Peter found himself within the enemy’s zone. But instead of recalling the initial warning Jesus gave him, he threw off all caution and decided to warm himself with the enemy’s fire. At the end, he reneged on his promise to the Lord. He denied the Lord.
Christians must beware of keeping company with unbelievers or joining their associations, clubs or societies. It was the need to drive off the night’s cold that made Peter to warm himself by the fire kindled by the enemies of the Lord. Some Christians seek the membership of different clubs, business groups and associations in order to “warm” themselves – stay connected and receive needed help or assistance.
DCLM Daily Manna 17 June 2019 – Simply Beware
In the course of this, many Christians have ended up compromising their Christian faith and denying the Lord. While it may not be completely wrong for Christians to belong to professional associations or at times, find themselves in the company of unbelievers, they must at such occasions be on their guard knowing that temptations to deny the Lord at such times are most rife.
Staying off the enemies’ territories as much as possible is the safest way of keeping safe.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
It is dangerous to warm yourself by the enemy’s fire.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 17 June 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
Regina Daniels deactivates her Instagram account
Nollywood actress and wife to billionaire businessman, Regina Daniels has deleted her verified Instagram account. Earlier this morning, the beautiful...
2019 Headies Award – Full List of Winners
2019 Headies Award – Full List of Winners 1. BEST RECORDING OF THE YEAR A non-voting category for the best...
Actress Joselyn Dumas shares her view on character and marriage
Ghanaian television host and actress, Joselyn Dumas has shared her view on character and marriage. It is the conception of...
Zlatan on Banga with KINGP Produced by Tefa Listen and Download
KINGP and Zlatan team up for Banga. After the release of his last single “Shine On”, the Nigerian-American singer Promise...
- Seeds of Destiny 21 October 2019 – The Demands of Marriage – The Woman’s Responsibility October 21, 2019
- Rhapsody of Realities 21 October 2019 – Principles, Relationships and Actions October 20, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 21 October 2019 – As It Was In Jesus’ Time October 20, 2019
- Open Heaven 21 October 2019 – Safe In His Hands October 20, 2019
- Kulfi The Singing Star 21 October 2019 Update October 20, 2019