DCLM Daily Manna 12 July 2019 Devotional by Pastor W. F Kumuyi
TOPIC: It Is Of The Spirit
TEXT: John 3:5-12
5. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth; so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
9. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10. Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
“That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again” – (John 3:6,7).
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 12 July 2019 Devotional
The miracle of salvation cannot be properly and sufficiently understood and appreciated by the natural man. Regardless of one’s social, educational and other worldly attainment, one not born again is spiritually blind. He cannot understand the things of the Spirit; in fact, they are foolishness unto him.
“Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God”. These words of Jesus Christ denote simply the necessity of the new birth experience. This experience justifies a sinner and presents him guiltless before God. That is when the works and the wonders of the Holy Spirit can be believed and appreciated.
“Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit” is interpreted to mean that although there is the natural birth common to all, there must be the spiritual birth experienced by those who have yielded to the salvation call and subsequently given their lives to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. This is the second birth which sets man free from the second death. It is hard to be understood by the natural man because it is a miracle; it is “the wind (which) bloweth where it listeth and thou heareth the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh and wither it goeth…”
When a person is living a life without direction, without purpose and without any positive impact, it is because he has not known the Lord. There is only one way to the true meaning of life: Jesus Christ, the Saviour and our sin bearer. Come to Him today. Delay no further. “If thou shalt confess with thy mouth, the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved” (Romans 10:9).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Salvation is not an option; it is a necessity.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 24-25
PREVIOUS: Labour Wisely
DCLM Daily Manna 12 July 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
People’s Choice Awards 2019 – full list of winners
E!’s People Choice Awards held on Sunday night, November 10, and some of the biggest names in Hollywood were at...
Davido acquires luxury Richard Mille watch worth $150k
After rocking a N5million diamond encrusted Cartier eyeglass, the DMW honcho, Davido, splashed heavy on a Richard Mille wristwatch. This...
Rapper Cardi B to visit Nigeria for first time
Grammy award-winning rapper, Cardi B, has officially announced that she will be coming to Nigeria for the first time The...
I don’t date married men, says Huddah Monroe
Kenyan businesswoman and socialite, Huddah Monroe has opened up on her love life which according to her doesn’t have a...
- British lawmaker Keith Vaz steps down after cocaine and male prostitutes scandal November 11, 2019
- People’s Choice Awards 2019 – full list of winners November 11, 2019
- Police arrest cattle trader for defiling 10-year-old girl November 11, 2019
- ‘I sabi ‘kere wa’ pass Yahaya Bello’ – Dino Melaye (video) November 11, 2019
- Davido acquires luxury Richard Mille watch worth $150k November 11, 2019