Open Heaven 15 August 2019 Devotional By Pastor E.A Adeboye
TOPIC: He Is At The Door!
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him, and will sup with him, and with me.” – (Revelation 3:20)
READ: Song of Solomon 5:2-7, Revelation 3:20-21 (KJV)
SONG OF SOLOMON 5:2-7
2. I sleep, but my heart waketh; it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled; for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.
3. I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?
4. My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.
5. I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock.
6. I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone; my soul failed when he spake; I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.
7. The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me.
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Open Heaven 15 August 2019 Devotional – He Is At The Door!
We often use the text of today’s memory verse to reach out to those who are not saved, but we often forget that our Lord pronounced those words in His letter to His Church! We as Christian need to be conscious that it is possible for us to lock the Lover of our souls out from our hearts. Therefore, it should not surprise you that the Holy Spirit’s message to us today is that Jesus is standing outside and knocking the door of our hearts, not as a homeless person seeking for help or begging for shelter, but as the Master of the house.
The Lord expects an immediate response and a red-carpet reception, and He promises to have an intimate, personal relationship with anyone who would respond with a friendly welcome. On the other hand, the consequence of a delayed response or not responding at all it clear in today’s Bible reading.
The Lord will withdraws Himself, as He does not force Himself on anyone. When He withdraws, at the time you seek Him, and that time will surely come, you will not find Him. This has unpleasant ramifications. Song of Solomon 5:6 says:
“I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him, but he gave him no answer.”
May this not be your testimony in Jesus’ Name. Is the Lord not knocking on the door of your heart today? Are you asleep spiritually and can barely hear Him call out your name? Has He not been knocking on that part of your heart that you have refused to yield to Him after giving your life to Him? Is He not calling out to you concerning the secret sin you have entangled yourself in? How about the assignment He gave you which you have abandoned?
The Lord is knocking on the door of your heart concerning these and much more. Will you leave Him in the cold or welcome Him to the warmth of the fire of zeal in your heart? Answer Him today by opening up your heart and submitting to His will.
Whenever God comes visiting, you can be sure you are in for pleasant surprises, because He never visits an individual empty-handed. Revelation 3:21 affirms this, promising great blessings of eternal value to anyone who opens the door of his or her heart unto Jesus. Such a fellow will be granted the authority to sit with Christ on His throne. This means that those who gladly receive Jesus with honour and warmth will receive delegated power and authority to reign with Him in His Kingdom here on earth and in Heaven. As you open the door of your heart to Jesus today, receive power to reign with Him in Jesus’ Name.
ACTION POINT:Open Heaven 15 August 2019 Devotional
Examine your life to see any areas you have shut Jesus out from and make amendments.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 17, Ezekiel 34:1-10
HYMNAL: Open Heaven 15 August 2019 Devotional – He Is At The Door!
Hymn 4 – Take my life, and let it be
1. Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2. Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine:
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Open Heaven 15 August 2019 Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.
Cardi B spotted at Ebeano Supermarket shopping
Popular American rapper Cardi B was earlier today spotted at the Ebeano Supermarket, Lekki, Lagos, shopping with her crew members....
Cardi B reveals why she loves Nigeria (Watch Video)
American rapper Cardi B has praised Nigeria, saying the country is blessed with everything including the tourism sector. Cardi B...
Cardi B talks about Davido, Burna Boy, visit to Nigeria & future plans (video)
Popular international rapper, Cardi B is known for keeping it real and she didn’t fail to confess during her no-hold-barred...
Etinosa apologizes for using a bible as an ashtray (Video)
Nollywood actress Etinosa has taken to her Instagram account to apologize for using the Bible as an ashtray. Recall that...
- SERAP writes Donald Trump over ‘violent’ re-arrest of Sowore December 8, 2019
- Winners’ Chapel 8 December 2019 Live Service – Shiloh 2019 December 8, 2019
- Joyce Meyer Devotional 8 December 2019 – Seeing in the Darkness December 8, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 8 December 2019 – The Preservation Power of Purpose December 8, 2019
- MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 8 December 2019 – Lessons From The Character Of Jesus December 8, 2019