Rhapsody of Realities 16 September 2019 Devotional By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome – Exude Joy and Eschew Anger
TOPIC: Exude Joy and Eschew Anger
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God (James 1:19-20).
MESSAGE: Many don’t realise how maintaining a joyful heart is key to fulfilling God’s purpose for their lives. Isaiah 12:3 says, “Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.” Your faith prevails in an atmosphere of joy, joy that comes from your inner man.
Some allow their desires or failed expectations rob them of their joy. But as a Christian, your joy is independent of circumstances. True joy is in fulfilling your purpose; doing the things the Father asked you to do.
The Word admonishes us in James 5:13: “Is any among you afflicted (ill-treated, suffering evil), let him pray; Is any merry, let him sing Psalms.” In Ephesians 4:26, the Word tells us that we shouldn’t allow our anger, fury or exasperation last for long.
God’s holy anger is only expressed towards those who do evil and works of unrighteousness; and it’s not your job to be angry on His behalf. For example, when Samuel was angry that the children of Israel asked for a king, God said, “Samuel, why are you angry? They didn’t reject you; they rejected me” (Read 1 Samuel 8:6-7). God didn’t permit Samuel to be angry.
Rhapsody of Realities 16 September 2019 – Exude Joy and Eschew Anger
Anger defaces your beauty in the spirit. Therefore, eschew anger. Manifest the joy of the Lord always, for the joy of the Lord is your strength; that’s where your glory is. Hallelujah!
I’ve put on the new man, which, after God, is created in righteousness and true holiness. I’m full of joy! In me, there’s no bitterness, rage, or anger. I only give vent to the love and righteousness of God, expressing His kindness, meekness, patience and goodness. Hallelujah!
Proverbs 19:11; James 1:19-20; Ecclesiastes 7:9; Colossians 3:8
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Galatians 2:1-21; Songs of Solomon 1-2
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 23:1-12; 2 Samuel 5-6
Rhapsody of Realities 16 September 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D.). President of Loveworld Inc. aka Christ Embassy Int’l
- President Buhari issues fresh directives to DSS, Army, Police June 2, 2020
- Our Daily Bread 3rd June 2020 Devotional – Sacred Gathering June 2, 2020
- Winners Chapel 7 Days Fasting And Prayer June 2020 June 2, 2020
- Watch Dr. Juanita Bynum Live Prayer 2 June 2020 June 2, 2020
- Manchester United to move for Raheem Sterling if Man City receive Champions League ban June 2, 2020
- Age is Just a Number Full Story, Plot, Cast
- Live Daily Mass 1 June 2020 St Peter & Paul's Church, Ireland
- Winners' Chapel 1st June 2020 Live Service
- Deception 4 June 2020 Update - Season finale
- Deception 2 June 2020 Update
- Our Daily Bread 1st June 2020 - Needing His Leading
- If a woman sleeps with her brother-in law, it is not cheating” – Pastor Veronica
- Winners' Chapel 7 Days Fasting & Prayer Day 1 - 1st June 2020
- Twist of Fate 2 June 2020 Update
- Age is Just a Number 3 June 2020 Update
FEATURED NEWS22 hours ago
Live Event with NASA Astronauts in Space
LIVE STREAMING22 hours ago
Holy Mass and Eucharistic Adoration 1 June 2020 Divine Retreat Centre Ramsgate, UK
LIVE STREAMING21 hours ago
Winners’ Chapel 7 Days Fasting & Prayer Day 1 – 1st June 2020
DAILY DEVOTIONAL & SERMON1 day ago
Joel Osteen Devotional 1st June 2020 – Keep Your Joy
DAILY DEVOTIONAL & SERMON8 hours ago
Joel Osteen Devotional 2nd June 2020 Tuesday – Don’t Let Bitter Seeds Take Root
LIVE STREAMING1 day ago
Live Daily Mass 1 June 2020 St Peter & Paul’s Church, Ireland
LATEST NEWS1 day ago
Trump taken to underground bunker in white house over protests
FEATURED NEWS1 day ago
Breaking: Oshiomhole, Secondus and others hold meeting with INEC ahead of Edo, Ondo poll