DCLM Daily Manna 17 October 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Are You Getting Ready?
TOPIC: Are You Getting Ready?
TEXT: Psalms 89:35-52
34. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36. His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
37. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven.
38. But thou hast cast off and abhorred, thou hast been wroth with thine anointed.
39. Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant; thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.
40. Thou hast broken down all his hedges; thou hast brought his strong holds to ruin.
41. All that pass by the way spoil him; he is a reproach to his neighbours.
42. Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries; thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.
43. Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword, and hast not made him to stand in the battle.
44. Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.
45. The days of his youth hast thou shortened; thou hast covered him with shame.
46. How long, LORD? wilt thou hide thyself for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire?
47. Remember how short my time is; wherefore hast thou made all men in vain?
48. What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave?
49. Lord, where are thy former lovingkindnesses, which thou swarest unto David in thy truth?
50. Remember, Lord, the reproach of thy servants; how I do bear in my bosom the reproach of all the mighty people;
51. Wherewith thine enemies have reproached, O LORD; wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of thine anointed.
52. Blessed be the LORD for evermore. Amen, and Amen.
DCLM Daily Manna 17 October 2019 – Are You Getting Ready?
“What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave?” – (Psalm 89:48).
A young child told her mother, “My Sunday School teacher tells me that this world is only a place in which God lets us live a while that we may prepare for a better world. But mother, I do not see anybody preparing. I see you preparing to go into the country and Aunt Eliza preparing to come here but I do not see anyone preparing to go there. Why don’t they try to get ready?”
The psalmist in our text laments his predicament. He had sinned and God’s wrath was upon him. In verses 46-47, he pleaded for mercy and requested that God’s wrath be not forever nor burn like fire as his time was short. He acknowledged that no man would live forever nor had power to deliver his soul from the hand of the grave.
Life is brief and time is short, yet many people further shorten it through carelessness, lawlessness, thoughtlessness and transgression. Some people, believers inclusive, think that everyone has a fixed, unalterable time to die. But they err. People like Lot’s wife, Balaam, Ahitophel, Absalom, the young prophet, Ananias and Sapphira should not have died at the time they did. Their actions and tragic end show that they did not realise that the time was short. Sin shortens life. By the estimation of how long they think they will live, many who do not understand life, think they can make right their way anytime they wish.
Soon the end of your life may be at hand; consider, therefore the state of your soul. Today a man is here; tomorrow he is gone. You should order your every deed and thought as though today were the last day of your life. If you are not ready to die today, will tomorrow find you better prepared? Remember, tomorrow is uncertain – no one is sure of it.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Live today as though it would be the last.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 17 October 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
Rihanna loses patience with rude follower and blocks him
Rihanna lost her cool after a follower was rude to her and called her a “heaux” (which basically means a...
Tonto Dikeh referred to as “Mr King Tonto” on note welcoming her to Dubai
Tonto Dikeh was referred to as a Mister in a note welcoming her to Dubai. “Welcome to Dubai Mr. King...
MP3 Download: Simi – Selense
Simi Selense MP3 download, download Simi Selense, Simi Selense MP3 download Nigerian top songstress, Simi is here with a new...
John Legend named 2019 ‘Sexiest Man Alive’
John Legend has been named People Magazine’s ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ for 2019. The announcement was made by Blake Shelton who...
- Rhapsody of Realities 15 November 2019 – Light In A Dark World November 15, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 15 November 2019 – Thinking Your Way Up November 15, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 15 November 2019 – Aiming for the Prize November 15, 2019
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 15 November 2019 – Our Life Is Not Our Own November 15, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 15 November 2019 – Divine Artistry November 15, 2019