DCLM Daily Manna 15 November 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – We Belong To Christ
TOPIC: We Belong To Christ
TEXT: Romans 14:1-9
1. Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2. For one believeth that he may eat all things; another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth; for God hath received him.
4. Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up; for God is able to make him stand.
5. One man esteemeth one day above another; another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord; whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s.
9. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
DCLM Daily Manna 15 November 2019 – We Belong To Christ
“For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s” – (Romans 14:8).
C. T. Studd was a pioneer missionary from England, first to China then in Africa. He was a very popular athlete who had great wealth before his call into the ministry. He gave up his fortune and surrendered his life to full-time missionary service. It cost him years of privation and sacrifice. At one time he was away from his family for fourteen years. He declared, “I have searched my life and I don’t know of anything I have not sacrificed to the Lord”. He was an example of one who knew that he totally and truly belonged to Christ.
Believers are instructed to treat one another with consideration. They should avoid judging one another as no man has the right to do so. No believer lives or dies to himself. Christ owns all believers. DCLM Daily Manna 15 November 2019 – We Belong To Christ
The first realisation of every born again Christian is that he is Christ’s property, having been bought with a price. A Christian is first a servant of Christ before being a doctor, an engineer, a civil servant or any other profession. Failure to grasp this truth has made so many Christians unproductive and ineffective in their callings. Christ must be given first place in the lives of all Christians because as the Lord puts it, “if any man come to me and hate not his father, and mother and wife and children and brethren and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple” (Luke 14:26).
Discipleship is costly but has great eternal rewards. It is very necessary as the Lord advised that every believer should count the cost of following Him and make up his mind to either pay the price in full and be rewarded later or not. Half-hearted service is not acceptable to God.
The mind set of every true believer should be as a song writer puts it, “I am satisfied fully for Jesus to live… I’ll do as He bids me… I’ll be a true soldier, I’ll die at my post”.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Serving God demands sacrifice but is richly rewarding.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 14-17
DCLM Daily Manna 15 November 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
Blessing Okoro mocks Tacha, says she’s an orphan
It seems the fight between relationship blogger, Blessing Okoro and reality star Natacha Akide is not stopping anytime soon as...
Miss Myanmar comes out as a lesbian following her participation at the 2019 Miss Universe contestant
Miss Myanmar, Swe Zin Htet has come out as a gay woman following her competition at the 2019 Miss Universe....
Ghanaian celebrities blast Cardi B for shunning them (Video)
Some Ghanaian Celebrities have called out rapper Cardi B for allegedly shunning them after she arrived in the West African...
Show us how you’re able to afford your lifestyle – Yomi Black to Toke Makinwa
Nollywood filmmaker, Yomi Black has challenged OAP Toke Makinwa to come out to prove to the world how she is...
- BBnaija Khloe reveals what she wants from a man December 13, 2019
- Ned Nwoko bought Linda Ikeji a Bentley, says Kemi Olunloyo December 13, 2019
- Aisha Buhari’s outburst indicates Nigeria is being run by proxy-Don December 13, 2019
- Trump impeachment vote delayed after long debate December 13, 2019
- US threatens visa restrictions on African nation December 13, 2019