DCLM Daily Manna 20 November 2019 Devotional By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome – Comfort In His Word
TOPIC: Comfort In His Word
TEXT: Romans 15:1-13
1. We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2. Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
3. For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
4. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
5. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus;
6. That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
8. Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers;
9. And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
10. And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
11. And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
12. And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
13. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
“For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope” – (Romans 15:4).
DCLM Daily Manna 20 November 2019 – Comfort In His Word
Apostle Paul, by the enlightening Spirit of God, told the Roman Christians that what had been delivered to them by the past ages had a purpose. It was not for intellectual study to take examinations as secular scholars did. It was also not for priests only to memorise for use in officiating. The books of the law and the prophets have more noble use in the life of the believer. While the apostle exhorted the Romans to help the weak and refrain from selfish pursuits, as taught and practiced by Christ, he also disclosed a more challenging aspect of the word of God.
The Word was meant to be experienced in unfolding phases. First, it was intended that we should learn it. Next, as we absorb its teachings without adding or subtracting, we rest on God’s grace to patiently wait for the fulfilment of divine promises. The epistle says the result of this would be patience and comfort of the Scriptures giving us hope.
Unlike the Christians of Paul’s day who had only the Old Testament Scriptures, we, of the end time, have been kitted with a double portion of the word of God, the Old and New Testaments. If the Old gave birth to spiritual warfare generals like Moses, Joshua, Ruth, Deborah, David, Elijah and others who were comforted by the Scriptures, then our age, which possesses more spiritual resources through Emmanuel should have more faith in the Lord. The totality of the word of God from Genesis to Revelation should assure us of the imminent return of the Son of God and give us hope of eternally living with Him in heaven.
Therefore, read the word and approach it not just for knowledge and purpose of ministry but as a source of comfort, solace, encouragement and hope in the midst of this trouble-filled world. His word is for your comfort.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Experience the comforting strength of the Word; read it daily.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 20 November 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
Hushpuppi celebrates reaching 2 million followers on Instagram
Dubai based big boy, Hushpuppi has expressed excitement as he celebrates reaching 2 million followers on Instagram where he flaunts...
Islamic poet dares actress Etinosa to use the Quran as ashtray
An Islamic poet has dared Etinosa Idemudia to make do her threat to use the Quran as an ashtray just...
Australia’s James Bond boasts about bedding more than 1000 women
Australia’s one and solely James Bond, George Lazenby, now 80, has boasted about bedding a thousand girls in his 007...
Actress Nneoma Okoro reveals what Ramsey Nouah did the day she tried to seduce him
Budding Nollywood actress, Nneoma Okoro, recently shared her encounter when made to act a romantic scene with her idol, Ramsey...
- Open Heaven 6 December 2019 – The Great Advocate December 6, 2019
- Rhapsody of Realities 6 December 2019 – We’re Not Mere Humans December 6, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 6 December 2019 – Gifts from Above December 5, 2019
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 6 December 2019 – Where’s Your Focus? December 5, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 6 December 2019 – Relying on Grace December 5, 2019