DCLM Daily Manna 22 November 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Certainty Of Divine Prophecy
Prev: Unimaginable Destruction
TOPIC: Certainty Of Divine Prophecy
TEXT: Isaiah 21:11-17
11. The burden of Dumah. He calleth to me out of Seir, Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?
12. The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night; if ye will enquire, enquire ye; return, come.
13. The burden upon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge, O ye travelling companies of Dedanim.
14. The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they prevented with their bread him that fled.
15. For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war.
16. For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail;
17. And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished; for the LORD God of Israel hath spoken it.
“For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail” – (Isaiah 21:16).
Between 1946 and 1956 in the Dead Sea region of Palestine, young Bedouin shepherds and a team of renowned archaelogists discovered scrolls that contained original writings of the Hebrew prophets, volumes of which have come to us as the Holy Bible. When the manuscripts were decrypted scientifically, they were found to date back to 400 years before Christ. Fragments of the Qumran Papers, as the scrolls came to be known, proved the veracity of prophecy concerning the rise and fall of nations and empires as predicted by the servants of God. Some of these forecasts were eschatological while others were fulfilled instantaneously or within years.
DCLM Daily Manna 22 November 2019 – Certainty Of Divine Prophecy
In the case of our text today, Isaiah prophesied that the nomadic warriors of Arabia would be wiped out within the period of one year as revealed to him by the Lord. Bible scholars say his mention of Kedar in our key verse is a reference to the area east of the Dead Sea, forming the central region of the northern part of the Arabian peninsula. It was at the era of the Assyrian domination, when the Arabian caravans roamed in trade throughout southeast of Jerusalem. That was not their normal route, as the powerful Assyrians had disrupted it.
That was not the only headache in that part of the world. The Assyrian army was also overrunning Ashdod, Palestine and Babylon, with Edom (Dumah) siding with Ashdod. Instead of calling on God for help against Assyria, Edom went to Judah. It was then God’s answer came through Isaiah.
God still reveals His plans for the future to man. Those who seek Him sincerely for deliverance from sin and for guidance in the wilderness of life will always locate Him.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God is ever at His duty post, waiting to receive the returning prodigal son.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 22 November 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.