Open Heaven 22 November 2019 Daily Devotional By Pastor E.A Adeboye – The Siege Is Over
Prev: Abundant Grace
TOPIC: The Siege Is Over
“Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.” – (Psalm 124:7)
READ: 2 Kings 7:1-9 (KJV)
1. Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.
2. Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
3. And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate; and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die?
4. If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there; and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians; if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die.
5. And they rose up in the twilight, to go unto the camp of the Syrians; and when they were come to the uttermost part of the camp of Syria, behold, there was no man there.
6. For the Lord had made the host of the Syrians to hear a noise of chariots, and a noise of horses, even the noise of a great host; and they said one to another, Lo, the king of Israel hath hired against us the kings of the Hittites, and the kings of the Egyptians, to come upon us.
7. Wherefore they arose and fled in the twilight, and left their tents, and their horses, and their asses, even the camp as it was, and fled for their life.
8. And when these lepers came to the uttermost part of the camp, they went into one tent, and did eat and drink, and carried thence silver, and gold, and raiment, and went and hid it; and came again, and entered into another tent, and carried thence also, and went and hid it.
9. Then they said one to another, We do not well; this day is a day of good tidings, and we hold our peace; if we tarry till the morning light, some mischief will come upon us; now therefore come, that we may go and tell the king’s household.
Open Heaven 22 November 2019 – The Siege Is Over
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 9-16, Amos 9
A siege is a situation in which an individual is surrounded by a stronger physical or spiritual power, for the purpose of capturing or tormenting him or her. On several occasions, the children of Israel, due to their stubborn attitude toward God, experienced sieges of varying intensity. Whenever a siege is lifted, the people who were its victims rejoice because it is not a pleasant experience at all. That is why Psalm 126:1 says:
“When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.”
The Lord is saying to someone reading this devotional that the siege is over in your life. Today’s Bible reading records the deliverance of the children of Israel from a terrible siege. This siege was so severe that women began to eat their own children (2 Kings 6:25-29)!
However, when God caused the siege to be lifted through the word of His prophet, scarcity turned into plenty. Therefore, the first thing you will notice after a siege is terminated in a person’s life is a turnaround from lack to prosperity.
An economic siege causes parents to send their children into forced labour for survival instead of being in school. The Lord will deliver you today if you are in this type of situation. I decree in Jesus’ Name that the economic siege over your life is lifted now!
Another thing that happens when a siege is lifted over a person’s life is that his or her captors find themselves in disarray. The Bible says the Syrians who laid siege against Samaria heard a noise of chariots and fled. The Lord will cause your enemies to hear a noise today and take flight away from you in Jesus’ Name.
One of my minister gave a testimony of how a witchdoctor who rented an apartment in his father’s house fled from the house. This witchdoctor had move in before our brother’s father realized his mistake in renting out an apartment to him. He told his son about the dilemma and his son told him not to worry. Our brother then had just one night vigil in his father’s house and returned to his station.
After the vigil, the witch doctor began to hear a noise in the house and decided he could no longer live there. That was how this evil siege was lifted from this brother’s country home. One more thing that happens when a siege is lifted is that wealth changes hands.
The Syrians abandoned all they brought at the gate of samaria, and the people of Samaria became rich overnight, having food, clothing, silver, gold, horses and much more. This was all God’s prefect plan in action! I announce to you today: any siege over your life is over now in Jesus’ Name.
ACTION POINT: Open Heaven 22 November 2019 – The Siege Is Over
Thank God for lifting every siege over your life, home, business and ministry today. Thank Him also for causing prosperity to overflow in every facet of your life.
Hymn 13 – I am a victor
1. Yes, I know I am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror,
Much stronger than all my foes.
2. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Stronger than demons I am,
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am.
3. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for,
I have life abundantly.
4. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled.
5. Yes, I know I am a victor,
By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed.
6. Yes, I know I am a victor,
No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer.
7. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home.
8. Jesus loves me and I love Him,
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah.
9. Jesus loves me Halleluyah,
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high.
Open Heaven 22 November 2019 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.