DCLM Daily Manna 2 December 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Where Was God?
PREV: Giving to God
TOPIC: Where was God?
TEXT: John 11:33-40
33. When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
34. And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.
35. Jesus wept.
36. Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!
37. And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?
38. Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.
39. Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh; for he hath been dead four days.
40. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
“And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?” – (John 11:37).
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 2 December 2019
Comforting a grieving family is one of the hardest things to do in the ministry. Sometimes, words are not enough and it is often challenging to find the right words to say. In times of grief, some questions are difficult, if not impossible to answer, especially from those wondering why God preferred not to intervene in preventing the death of a loved one.
Our text focuses on the visit of Christ to the sisters of Lazarus after his death. When He witnessed the sorrow and tears, He was moved to tears. When Christ requested to visit the grave site, many thought the situation was already out of hands but He commanded them to take away the stone, to enable them see the glory of God.
DCLM Daily Manna 2 December 2019 – Where Was God?
Life is a mystery and full of many unanswered questions. Things can change so fast that it leaves us without any explanation or answers. The people who came to mourn with Mary and Martha couldn’t understand why God allowed Lazarus, a friend of Christ to die of this illness. The two sisters equally wondered why Christ delayed in coming after they’d sent for Him when their brother’s case became critical. They believed, if Christ had been there, Lazarus would not have died.
Whenever calamity strikes, we should always remember that God understands and is in control of everything. God is on the throne and never changes. We may never understand why certain things happen and why God, in His wisdom allowed them. If we can figure out everything that God does, then He will no longer be God. We must learn to accept what we cannot change and move on, especially after we have prayed fervently to prevent it. God certainly knows the best and will give us His best.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Let go and let God have His way.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 2 December 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
Duncan Mighty mocks Etinosa over Benz Gift
Nigerian singer, Duncan Mighty has called out Nollywood actress, Etinosa Idemudia, insinuating that the actress was not gifted any Benz....
Hushpuppi celebrates reaching 2 million followers on Instagram
Dubai based big boy, Hushpuppi has expressed excitement as he celebrates reaching 2 million followers on Instagram where he flaunts...
Islamic poet dares actress Etinosa to use the Quran as ashtray
An Islamic poet has dared Etinosa Idemudia to make do her threat to use the Quran as an ashtray just...
Australia’s James Bond boasts about bedding more than 1000 women
Australia’s one and solely James Bond, George Lazenby, now 80, has boasted about bedding a thousand girls in his 007...
- Made for Each Other 6 December 2019 Update December 7, 2019
- Joel Osteen Devotional 7 December 2019 – He Gives Us Victory December 7, 2019
- MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 7 December 2019 – He Crowns The Year With Goodness December 7, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 7 December 2019 – Winning The Battles of Life December 7, 2019
- The Experience 2019 Live Broadcast December 7, 2019