DCLM Daily Manna 7 December 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Christ’s Glorious Kingdom
PREV: Trouble Ahead
TOPIC: Christ’s Glorious Kingdom
TEXT: Psalm 101:1-8
1. I will sing of mercy and judgment; unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.
2. I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
3. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes; I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
4. A froward heart shall depart from me; I will not know a wicked person.
5. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off; him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
6. Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me; he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
7. He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house; he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
8. I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD.
“Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me” – (Psalm 101:6).
DCLM Daily Manna 7 December 2019 MESSAGE:
Paul the apostle was privileged to be “caught up to the third heaven” where he heard unspeakable words, which are not lawful for a man to utter. Many years later, John the Beloved was also privileged to see “the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband” (Revelation 21:2). The eternal home of all redeemed souls will be in this glorious city.
Though this Psalm was written by David, it portrays the great principles on which the kingdom of Christ will be governed. Here, David expressed the desires of his heart for the government of his house, the land and the city of God.
David, being a prophet was actually foreseeing the future kingdom of Christ “wherein dwelleth righteousness”. The glorious Kingdom revealed to God’s servants both in the Old and New Testaments will be the culmination of God’s perfect plan and purpose for His loyal and obedient children. As the people of God labour “in journeys often, … in perils in the city … in perils among false brethren in weariness and painfulness, in watchings, often, in hunger and thirst, in fasting often…”, a day will come when God will finally wipe away all tears from their eyes and their sorrow will be turned to everlasting joy.
All present sufferings are but a ‘light affliction’ which will fade into oblivion when God’s glory shall be revealed. Paul the apostle, chained in prison wrote to the church urging them to rejoice always. He rejoiced too in all his afflictions. Today, he is over there. Will you be among that great multitude that stand and sing before the throne?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Should one allow anything to hinder him from partaking in this coming glory?
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 7 December 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.