The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that the invasion of the sanctity of the Federal High Court by the Department of State Service DSS has further confirmed that Nigeria, under the Buhari Presidency, is finally sliding into dictatorship.
The party stated this in a statement issued in Abuja by Kola Ologbondiyan, it’s National Publicity Secretary. Read the statement below
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says the furious invasion of the sanctity of the Federal High Court by the Department of State Services (DSS) further confirms that Nigeria, under the Buhari Presidency, is finally sliding into a frightening dictatorship.
The party alerts that the invasion of the court is a vindication of its earlier stand that the nation is no longer governed by democratic principles of rule or law and dictates of the constitution.
Today, the world watched with shock as operatives of the Presidency-controlled DSS, in a most horrific manner, swooped on the court, held the judiciary to ransom, disrupted proceedings, scared away the judge, chased away lawyers and journalists, attacked and re-arrested persons standing trial within the precincts of the court, in a manner that can only be obtainable in Idi Amin’s Uganda.
The invasion is in a forceful suspension of our constitutional order and a further battering of the judiciary, which points to an emerging lawlessness that can only find space in a military regime.
Without prejudice to the charge against the Convener of the “Revolution Now” movement, Mr. Omoyele Sowore, the PDP holds that, in a normal democracy, it is the duty of the court to determine the fate of an accused, according to the laws and not a resort to brute force by the government to silence persons with dissenting voices.
Our party notes that such a violation, as embarrassingly witnessed in the Abuja court this weekend, is a direct invitation to anarchy and a huge threat to the unity, peace, stability and corporate existence of our nation and the safety of our citizens.
Indeed, this is not the Nigeria our citizens yearn for and it is imperative to restate that Nigeria, under the Buhari Presidency, is fast sliding into a dark country where, laws are suspended, the judiciary is assaulted and citizens are stripped of their fundamental rights.
The PDP calls on well meaning Nigerians and the international community to call the Buhari Presidency to order before its actions derail our nation and trigger a breakdown of law and order in the land.
The international community must have more than a passing glance at the situation in Nigeria as any crisis in our country, God forbid, given our population, is capable of having a negative spill over effect across the African continent and other parts of the world.
The PDP urges Nigerians across board, irrespective of political, religious and ethnic learnings, to unite in condemnation of dictatorial tendencies of the present administration and in defending our democracy and unity as a nation.
- Kano housewife arrested over alleged murder of stepson September 19, 2020
- Pastors arrested for raping corps member in Rivers September 19, 2020
- This is Fate 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- Age is Just a Number 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- Zara’s Nikah 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- Davido Replies Kiddwaya After He Reacted To His New Song FEM
- BBNaija: Erica Bathed With Me And Brighto Nak3d – says Neo (Video)
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon
- BBNaija: Trikytee fires Dorathy, calls her a sore loser
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya shares first video call, sending lots of love to Erica (Video)
- Kiddwaya is knacking Erica now while Tolanibaj goes begging Prince – Vee
- Fan Mocks Vee For Saying There’s Nothing As Sweet As Buying Your Own Car After Ozo Won Yesterday
- BBNaija: Kenyan socialite, Huddah Monroe Gushes Over Neo (Video)
- Your Mates Are Using iPhone 12, Aunty You Need To Upgrade – Fan Mocks Rita Dominic
- Rare photo of Laycon and his beautiful mother