Lionel Messi wins the Ballon d’Or crown at a ceremony in Paris, making it a record 6th time for the Barcelona player.
At a star-studded ceremony in Paris on Monday evening, the football star was crowned the world’s best player for the first time since 2015.
He moved ahead of great rival Cristiano Ronaldo to take outright ownership of the record, seeing off Liverpool’s Virgil Van Dijk and Juventus’ Ronaldo.
Buzz had been growing for weeks that the Argentine was a cert for soccer’s highest individual accolade.
Especially in Catalonia, where the autnomous province’s two main newspapers, Mundo Deportivo and SPORT, filled column inches with claims that the club and country captain had done enough to please the jury.
The Argentinian struck 54 goals for club and country in the 2018-19 season.
Duncan Mighty mocks Etinosa over Benz Gift
Nigerian singer, Duncan Mighty has called out Nollywood actress, Etinosa Idemudia, insinuating that the actress was not gifted any Benz....
Hushpuppi celebrates reaching 2 million followers on Instagram
Dubai based big boy, Hushpuppi has expressed excitement as he celebrates reaching 2 million followers on Instagram where he flaunts...
Islamic poet dares actress Etinosa to use the Quran as ashtray
An Islamic poet has dared Etinosa Idemudia to make do her threat to use the Quran as an ashtray just...
Australia’s James Bond boasts about bedding more than 1000 women
Australia’s one and solely James Bond, George Lazenby, now 80, has boasted about bedding a thousand girls in his 007...
- Pensacola Shooting: Saudi student opens fire at US naval base December 7, 2019
- Amnesty International invites International Criminal Court to immediately begin an investigation into crimes being committed by the Nigeria Government December 7, 2019
- Kulfi The Singing Star 7 December 2019 Update December 7, 2019
- Made for Each Other 8 December 2019 Update December 7, 2019
- Made for Each Other 7 December 2019 Update December 7, 2019