MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 11 December 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Jesus, Friend Of Sinners (I)
Previous: The Sword of the Spirit
TOPIC: Jesus, Friend Of Sinners (I)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Hosea 5-8; Revelation 2
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Luke 7:36-50
MEMORY VERSE: “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
MESSAGE: Jesus is our best role model. Christlikeness should be our focus. Jesus was sinners’ friend. Are you? Many of us relate with sinners the wrong way. We do not understand the ministry of reconciliation neither do we engage in this all-important ministry that Jesus committed to our hands when He was departing this world. Jesus loved sinners and befriended them. He did not love their sins nor befriend their sins. His unconditional love for sinners was to enable Him save their souls and win them for the Father. Let us examine how Jesus related with sinners and take a cue from our Royal Master.
Jesus was an epitome of unconditional love. He loved the loveless and gave His all to save sinners. Apostle Paul, appreciating the finished work of Jesus and the salvation of his own soul said, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief” (1 Timothy 1:15). Beloved, if Jesus did not befriend and save Apostle Paul, a chief sinner, Christendom would have lost a great apostle, two third of the New Testament and millions of souls.
Who ever thought that Mary Magdalene and the demoniac of Gadara or even Zacheus would ever repent and add value to God’s kingdom? Jesus, the Son of God, does not deal with us on the basis of our present condition, but on the basis of the purpose of God for our lives. He knows the end from the beginning.
MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 11 December 2019 – Jesus, Friend Of Sinners (I)
A sinner today may be a saint tomorrow if you preach to him or her and intercede for him. A hell-bound individual, family or nation may become heaven-bound tomorrow if the power of the gospel and the saving power of Jesus are taken to them. Jonah never believed that the people of Nineveh would heed the word of God and repent. I encourage you to show Christ love to sinners, preach to them and pray for them. Trust the Holy Spirit to convict and change them. You love them but the Holy Spirit does even more.
Therefore, if you are the type that avoids sinners like a plague, you should have a rethink. Jesus related with them in love and succeeded in winning their souls for the Father. Can He count on you for those perishing souls?
A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.
HENCEFORTH, YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE PERFECT LOVE AND PEACE OF GOD.
1 Father, help me to love sinners not their sin, in the name of Jesus.
2 I will not fail in fulfilling the ministry of reconciliation, in the name of Jesus.
3 O Lord, use me greatly to win perishing souls for You, in the name of Jesus.
4 O Lord, make me an apostle of Your love, in the name of Jesus.
5 Father, let Your grace that brings salvation to all men, appear to all the unsaved in my nation, in the name of Jesus.
6 Lord, use me to seek, find and win lost souls for You, in the name of Jesus.
7 Holy Spirit, teach me how to win souls and prosper my efforts in soul wining, in the name of Jesus.
MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 11 December 2019 was written by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
- Zara’s Nikah 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- Twist of Fate 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- John Hagee Daily Devotional 19 September 2020 – Revelation 19:10 September 19, 2020
- Joel Osteen Sermon Today: Take That Step of Faith September 19, 2020
- PowerPoint Devotional with Jack Graham 19 September 2020 – How You Can Give Life to Our Dying World September 19, 2020
- Davido Replies Kiddwaya After He Reacted To His New Song FEM
- BBNaija: Erica Bathed With Me And Brighto Nak3d – says Neo (Video)
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon
- BBNaija: Trikytee fires Dorathy, calls her a sore loser
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya shares first video call, sending lots of love to Erica (Video)
- Kiddwaya is knacking Erica now while Tolanibaj goes begging Prince – Vee
- Fan Mocks Vee For Saying There’s Nothing As Sweet As Buying Your Own Car After Ozo Won Yesterday
- BBNaija: Kenyan socialite, Huddah Monroe Gushes Over Neo (Video)
- Your Mates Are Using iPhone 12, Aunty You Need To Upgrade – Fan Mocks Rita Dominic
- Rare photo of Laycon and his beautiful mother