Rhapsody of Realities 5 December 2019 Devotional By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome – Stand in the Gap
TOPIC: Stand in the Gap
SCRIPTURE: And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not… (Luke 22:31-32)
TODAY’S WORD: In my study of the Word, I’ve read this verse of scripture above many times. On one occasion, I said, “Lord Jesus, why did you have to pray for Simon? Aren’t you God? Why didn’t you just change him?” Why didn’t Jesus just prophesy to Simon and say, “Your faith will not fail”? Rather, He said, “I have prayed for you.” That’s because when you pray for someone, you can only do so in hope. So, Jesus prayed in hope for Peter. This is so instructive.
From time to time, the Lord opens our eyes to see some of our brothers and sisters in the Lord that we need to intercede for, to get them over to the place where we believe they ought to be. It’s not an exclusive responsibility of the Pastor. It’s something the Lord expects of you: that ingredient of mindful, deep prayer of intercession for others, not only for the lost but also for the one who’s already in the Lord but may be going astray.
If the Master would pray for Peter, how much more are we required to pray for our brothers and sisters that their faith fail not. Don’t watch them go down or criticise them for their mistakes. Stand in the gap for them.
Also, isn’t it interesting that Jesus didn’t say, “Simon, I have prayed for you that Satan touch you not”? He didn’t pray that Satan wouldn’t attack him. Rather, He prayed that Peter’s faith should prevail. What does this tell us? Satan isn’t a factor; the factor is our faith. It’s not about how bad the situation is; it’s not about how severe the sickness is; it’s not about how terrible the pain is; it’s about your faith being strong enough to prevail. That’s what matters.
So, when you see Christians who are being attacked by the devil in whatever way, whether by sin, sickness or lack, it’s part of your priestly ministry to pray for them that their faith doesn’t fail, irrespective of the situation they’re in.
Precious Father, I thank you for the privilege to stand in the gap for Christians whose faith may be under attack today; their faith prevails, as they’re strengthened with might by your Spirit in their inner man to remain steadfast and immoveable, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-19, Galatians 4:19. Ephesians 6:18
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 John, Daniel 5-6
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 18:1-9, 2 Chronicles 11-12
Rhapsody of Realities 5 December 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D.). President of Loveworld Inc. aka Christ Embassy Int’l.
- PowerPoint Devotional with Jack Graham 19 September 2020 – How You Can Give Life to Our Dying World September 19, 2020
- Adrian Rogers Devotional 19 September 2020 – Who Is the Real Fool? September 19, 2020
- Rick Warren Devotional 19 September 2020 – Choose Short-Term Pain for Long-Term Gain September 19, 2020
- Rhapsody of Realities 19 September 2020 – Be Conscious of Your Life in Christ September 19, 2020
- Joyce Meyer Devotional 19 September 2020 – Freedom from Fear September 19, 2020
- Davido Replies Kiddwaya After He Reacted To His New Song FEM
- BBNaija: Erica Bathed With Me And Brighto Nak3d – says Neo (Video)
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon
- BBNaija: Trikytee fires Dorathy, calls her a sore loser
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya shares first video call, sending lots of love to Erica (Video)
- Kiddwaya is knacking Erica now while Tolanibaj goes begging Prince – Vee
- Fan Mocks Vee For Saying There’s Nothing As Sweet As Buying Your Own Car After Ozo Won Yesterday
- BBNaija: Kenyan socialite, Huddah Monroe Gushes Over Neo (Video)
- Your Mates Are Using iPhone 12, Aunty You Need To Upgrade – Fan Mocks Rita Dominic
- Rare photo of Laycon and his beautiful mother