Rhapsody of Realities 6 December 2019 Devotional By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome – We’re Not Mere Humans
TOPIC: We’re Not Mere Humans
SCRIPTURE: These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life… (1 John 5:13).
In the verse above, the Apostle John says, “I want you to know that you have eternal life.” This simply lets us know that as Christians, we’re not mere humans. It’s so important that you believe, accept and understand this, because until and unless you know that you’re not a mere human being, you’re going to be subject to what human beings are subject to: the corrupting influences of this present world. The Bible says we’ve escaped the corruption that’s in the world, through lust, being associates of the God-kind (2 Peter 1:4).
Something indeed happened when you were born again; you were actually reborn. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” This isn’t a cliché! To be in Christ means you’re born into Christ; baptized into Christ (Galatians 3:27). This means you’re immersed into Him and have become one with Him.
Rhapsody of Realities 6 December 2019 – We’re Not Mere Humans
Now that you’re in Christ, you have the life and nature of God. You’re a different kind of being. And according to the Bible, you don’t have two natures; your old nature was crucified with Christ (Romans 6:6). You have another life, the resurrection life, inside you now.
James 1:18 says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.” The underlined portion indicates that you’re another kind of man—the “Godkind” of man. Being born again, you were brought, not only into a knowledge of Christ but also into a union with Him that has made you an associate of the heavenly pantheon. No wonder Jesus said in John 10:34 (NKJV), “…Is it not written in your law, I said, You are gods?” Glory to God!
I’m the God-kind of man, because I have the life and nature of God in my spirit. I’ve ceased to be human, for I’ve been brought, not only into a knowledge of Christ but, also into a union with Him that has made me an associate of the heavenly pantheon. I know who I am! Therefore, I rule and reign in this life, prevailing gloriously by the power of the Holy Ghost. Amen!
Psalm 82:5-6; John 1:12-13; 2 Peter 1:4
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
3 John; Daniel 7-8
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 18:10-18; 2 Chronicles 13-14
Rhapsody of Realities 6 December 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D.). President of Loveworld Inc. aka Christ Embassy Int’l.
- This is Fate 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- Age is Just a Number 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- Zara’s Nikah 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- Twist of Fate 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- John Hagee Daily Devotional 19 September 2020 – Revelation 19:10 September 19, 2020
- Davido Replies Kiddwaya After He Reacted To His New Song FEM
- BBNaija: Erica Bathed With Me And Brighto Nak3d – says Neo (Video)
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon
- BBNaija: Trikytee fires Dorathy, calls her a sore loser
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya shares first video call, sending lots of love to Erica (Video)
- Kiddwaya is knacking Erica now while Tolanibaj goes begging Prince – Vee
- Fan Mocks Vee For Saying There’s Nothing As Sweet As Buying Your Own Car After Ozo Won Yesterday
- BBNaija: Kenyan socialite, Huddah Monroe Gushes Over Neo (Video)
- Your Mates Are Using iPhone 12, Aunty You Need To Upgrade – Fan Mocks Rita Dominic
- Rare photo of Laycon and his beautiful mother