PREVIOUS: Watch Your Tongue
TOPIC: Made Rich By God
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 1:1-9
1. Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
2. Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours;
3. Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
5. That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
6. Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you;
7. So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ;
8. Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
“That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge.” – (1 Corinthians 1:5)
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 22 January 2020
The great American evangelist, D.L. Moody, whose outreaches brought thousands of souls to the saving knowledge of the Lord, was said to be a poor and illiterate cobbler. But it is a marvel to see what great riches of divine grace and gifts he displayed in his life time. The same can be said of Smith Wigglesworth who was also an illiterate plumber but got transformed and enriched by faith. The list is endless of ordinary people not reckoned with by the society but whose lives impacted and marveled the world because of the great riches of grace they displayed. Christ truly enriches lives. No one comes to Him and remains the same.
As Apostle Paul looked at the marvelous transformation in the lives of the Corinthian believers and the great riches that the grace of Christ had bestowed on them, he could not help but give thanks to God. Above that, was the power and ability they had to remain blameless in their very corrupt environment.
There is usually a wonderful transformation when a person encounters Christ. This is something that mere religion cannot accomplish. The change you experience is not limited to your moral life, behavior and character; you also become endowed with the ability to receive and understand deep revelation and knowledge of God.
When you begin to focus on those things that are yours in Christ and all that the grace of God can accomplish in your life, you will see reasons to be thankful and praise Him all the time. Do not think yourself poor and unfortunate any longer; start to praise God for who you are in Him. Your life is a bundle of riches through Christ.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
You are a bundle of riches in Christ!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 22 January 2020 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.