A British teen has died after she attempted suicide over fears of being self-quarantined with the coronavirus.
19-year-old waitress, Emily Owen from King’s Lynn in London died in a hospital on Sunday after trying to take her own life due to fears of the “mental health impacts” of isolation amid the COVID-19 outbreak, the Sun reports.
Days before she was found critically ill on Wednesday, March 18., Owen warned relatives she was unable to deal with “her world closing in, plans being canceled and being stuck inside” during the global pandemic, according to the report.
Owen had been in critical condition since the suicide attempt before her relatives decided to remove her from life support, allowing doctors to prepare her organs for donation.
The 19-year-old who registered as an organ donor at the age of 12 will have her body parts donated to four people, including three children, according to the fundraiser, which had raised more than $3,100 as of Wednesday.
“We are heartbroken that we won’t see her breeze through our doors like a tornado of energy again, or hear her distinctive laugh,” the post reads. “She was a big part of our team and we will miss her enormously.”
Owen’s sister, Annabel, said her family was “absolutely devastated” by the loss, the Sun reports.
Annabel added in the Facebook tribute: ‘We are all absolutely devastated but also immensely proud of everything she achieved in her life.
‘So many people have messaged us saying how Emily helped them through hard times of their own, and we had no idea how much positive impact she had on those around her.
‘To many people, Emily was a really fun, energetic, happy girl, but only a few were aware of the many years of internal battles she had.
She also revealed that Emily had been diagnosed with “high-functioning autism” four years ago and struggled to fit in.
‘Few people are aware but four years ago she was diagnosed with high-functioning autism and had a daily battle to fit in and conform to social norms.
‘She didn’t want anyone to know, but now she has gone we want to make people know that autism comes in all shapes and sizes.’
- US to ban TikTok downloads, block WeChat use September 19, 2020
- ‘The Village Headmaster’ returns to TV screens after 22 years September 19, 2020
- Kano housewife arrested over alleged murder of stepson September 19, 2020
- Pastors arrested for raping corps member in Rivers September 19, 2020
- This is Fate 19 September 2020 Update September 19, 2020
- Davido Replies Kiddwaya After He Reacted To His New Song FEM
- BBNaija: Erica Bathed With Me And Brighto Nak3d – says Neo (Video)
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon
- BBNaija: Trikytee fires Dorathy, calls her a sore loser
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya shares first video call, sending lots of love to Erica (Video)
- Kiddwaya is knacking Erica now while Tolanibaj goes begging Prince – Vee
- Fan Mocks Vee For Saying There’s Nothing As Sweet As Buying Your Own Car After Ozo Won Yesterday
- BBNaija: Kenyan socialite, Huddah Monroe Gushes Over Neo (Video)
- Your Mates Are Using iPhone 12, Aunty You Need To Upgrade – Fan Mocks Rita Dominic
- Rare photo of Laycon and his beautiful mother