TOPIC: How Hot is Your Fire?
“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” – (Revelation 3:16)
READ: Revelation 3:2-6 (KJV)
2. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die; for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
4. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white; for they are worthy.
5. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
6. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Open Heaven 6 August 2020 Devotional MESSAGE:
There are three possibilities with your fire. It could be burning bright, burning low or completely out. If the fire is burning bright, be careful. (1 Peter 5:8) says:
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”
(1 Corinthians 10:12) says:
“Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.”
When fire is burning bright, demons take note of it and are watching closely. Since they cannot touch the fire, they await a time when it will burn out, so they can pounce on the fellow. Make sure you stay connected to God (John 15:5).
If the fire is burning low – you still go to Church, still look and talk like a Christian, but inside, you know you are not as close to God as you used to be, that is being lukewarm. Being lukewarm is dangerous (Revelation 3:15-16). Revelation 2:5 is a great warning:
“Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”
Cry to God for a fresh baptism of fire if you have become lukewarm.
On the other hand, if your fire is completely out if you have gone back to the filth of your past and are now doing those things which are completely against the word of God, know that though you have drifted far, God has not rejected you. The fact that you are still alive means He is still interested in having you back. Ezekiel 37:1-10 makes it clear that dry bones can live again. In John 21:15-19, Peter missed it by going back to being a fisherman, but Jesus came to meet him there and restored his destiny. Peter’s repentance was genuine; he wept bitterly and was restored. You too can be restored if you cry genuinely to God.
May your fire always burn bright and never go out in the mighty name of Jesus.
Father, please help my fire burn bright always and never go down, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
HYMN 26 – STAND UP! STAND UP FOR JESUS
1. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
Ye soldiers of the Cross!
Lift high His royal banner;
It must not suffer loss.
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict,
In this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him
Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger,
And strength to strength oppose.
3. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own:
Put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
Where duty calls, or danger,
Be never wanting there.
4. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh,
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
Shall reign eternally.
Open Heaven 6 August 2020 Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries