And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together, and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and they spake the word of God with boldness. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection – Acts 4:31-33
Christmas Evans tells us in his diary that one Sunday afternoon he was traveling a very lonely road to attend an appointment, and he was convicted of a cold heart. He says, “I tethered my horse and went to a sequestered spot, where I walked to and fro in an agony as I reviewed my life. I waited three hours before God, broken with sorrow, until there broke over me a sweet sense of His forgiving love. I received from God a new baptism of the Holy Ghost. As the sun was westering, I went back to the road, found my horse, mounted it and went to my appointment. On the following day I preached with such new power to a vast concourse of people gathered on the hillside, that a revival broke out that day and spread through all Wales.”
The greatest question that can be asked of the “twice born” ones is, “Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?”
This was the password into the early Church.
“O the Spirit filled life; is it thine, is it thine?
Is thy soul wholly filled with the Spirit Divine?
O thou child of the King, has He fallen on thee?
Does He reign in thy soul, so that all men may see
The dear Savior’s blest image reflected in thee?
“Has He swept through thy soul like the waves of the sea?
Does the Spirit of God daily rest upon thee?
Does He sweeten thy life, does He keep thee from care?
Does He guide thee and bless thee in answer to prayer?
Is it joy to be led of the Lord anywhere?
“Is He near thee each hour, does He stand at thy side?
Does He gird thee with strength, has He come to abide?
Does He give thee to know that all things may be done
Through the grace and the power of the Crucified One?
Does He witness to thee of the glorified Son?
“Has He purged thee of dross with the fire from above?
Is He first in thy thoughts, has He all of thy love?
Is His service thy choice, and is sacrifice sweet?
Is the doing of His will both thy drink and thy meat?
Dost thou run at His bidding with glad eager feet?
“Has He freed thee from self and from all of thy greed?
Dost thou hasten to succor thy brother in need?
As a soldier of Christ dost thou hardness endure?
Is thy hope in the Lord everlasting and sure?
Hast thou patience and meekness, art tender and pure?
“O the Spirit filled life may be thine, may be thine,
In thy soul evermore the Shekinah may shine;
It is thine to live with the tempests all stilled,
It is thine with the blessed Holy Ghost to be filled;
It is thine, even thine, for thy Lord has so willed.”
Streams in the Desert Devotional 7 August 2020
- BREAKING: Imo Governor, Uzodinma, Signs New Law Empowering Him To Arrest, Detain Residents Perpetually September 18, 2020
- BBNaija: Kenyan socialite, Huddah Monroe Gushes Over Neo (Video) September 18, 2020
- BNaija: Why I want Laycon, Dorathy out of Lockdown house – Nengi September 18, 2020
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon September 18, 2020
- John Hagee Daily Devotional 18 September 2020 – Romans 12:21 September 18, 2020
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya shares first video call, sending lots of love to Erica (Video)
- BBNaija: Nengi accuses Ozo of masturbating, says there are cum stains on your bed
- Fan Mocks Vee For Saying There’s Nothing As Sweet As Buying Your Own Car After Ozo Won Yesterday
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon
- BBNaija 2020: Laycon’s gossip about me will not change my promise – Kiddwaya
- BNaija 2020: Kiddwaya clarifies what he did with Nengi in Big Brother toilet
- BBNaija: Prince ‘Will Kiss Tolanibaj And Marry Dorathy’
- BBNaija: ‘If I Wanted Nengi I Would Have Gone For Her Easily’ – Kiddwaya
- BBNaija: “Two People Are Leaving On Sunday And I’m Not One Of Them” – Laycon
- BBNaija 2020: Ozo wins brand new car