Catholic Daily Mass Reading Tuesday 15 September 2020
Reading 1; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14, 27-31
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 10:1-2, 3, 4, 5
Gospel: John 19:25-27
Reading 1, 1 Corinthians 12:12-14, 27-31
12 For as with the human body which is a unity although it has many parts — all the parts of the body, though many, still making up one single body — so it is with Christ.
13 We were baptised into one body in a single Spirit, Jews as well as Greeks, slaves as well as free men, and we were all given the same Spirit to drink.
14 And indeed the body consists not of one member but of many.
27 Now Christ’s body is yourselves, each of you with a part to play in the whole.
28 And those whom God has appointed in the Church are, first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers; after them, miraculous powers, then gifts of healing, helpful acts, guidance, various kinds of tongues.
29 Are all of them apostles? Or all prophets? Or all teachers? Or all miracle-workers?
30 Do all have the gifts of healing? Do all of them speak in tongues and all interpret them?
31 Set your mind on the higher gifts. And now I am going to put before you the best way of all.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 10:1-2, 3, 4, 5
1 Why, Yahweh, do you keep so distant, stay hidden in times of trouble?
2 In his pride the wicked hunts down the weak, who is caught in the schemes he devises.
3 The wicked is proud of his inmost desires, by his blasphemies the grasping spurns Yahweh,
4 the wicked in his arrogance does not look very far; ‘There is no God,’ is his only thought.
5 In all circumstances his step is assured; your judgements are above his head. His rivals? He scoffs at them all.
Gospel, John 19:25-27
25 Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary of Magdala.
26 Seeing his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing near her, Jesus said to his mother, ‘Woman, this is your son.’
27 Then to the disciple he said, ‘This is your mother.’ And from that hour the disciple took her into his home.
Thanks for reading Catholic Daily Mass Reading Tuesday 15 September 2020
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya shares first video call, sending lots of love to Erica (Video)
- Fan Mocks Vee For Saying There’s Nothing As Sweet As Buying Your Own Car After Ozo Won Yesterday
- BBNaija: Nengi accuses Ozo of masturbating, says there are cum stains on your bed
- Davido Replies Kiddwaya After He Reacted To His New Song FEM
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon
- BBNaija: Erica Bathed With Me And Brighto Nak3d – says Neo (Video)
- BBNaija: Trikytee fires Dorathy, calls her a sore loser
- BNaija 2020: Kiddwaya clarifies what he did with Nengi in Big Brother toilet
- BBNaija 2020: Laycon’s gossip about me will not change my promise – Kiddwaya
- BBNaija: ‘If I Wanted Nengi I Would Have Gone For Her Easily’ – Kiddwaya