TOPIC: Shun Abominable Practices
TEXT: Deuteronomy 18:9-14
9. When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD; and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
13. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
14. For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners; but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.
“When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.” – (Deuteronomy 18:9)
DCLM Daily Manna 3 September 2020 Devotional MESSAGE:
A young Christian man got admission into a university in Africa. Instead of joining godly fellowships in school, he went to identify with unbelievers. One day, soldiers found him partying around 1am in town, mistook him for an armed robber and shot him dead.
Moses, the prophet of God, after giving specific instructions concerning the priests, highlighted divine imperatives on the generality of the Israelites. He enumerated abominations of the inhabitants of the land which the Israelites were to abstain from. One of such practices was occultism; others include divination, observing of times, enchantment, witchcraft, familiar spirits, wizardry and necromancy. These were the practices of the heathen nations whom the Lord drove out of the Promised Land. God demanded perfection from the children of Israel.
Involvement in occultism is a great affront to the supremacy of God and a challenge to His sovereignty. It entails the recognition of a rival deity besides the true God. Even today, many people still go to those who use diabolical means to get information about themselves or others. Some get initiated because they want power, popularity, success or wealth.
Believers must avoid these and several other traditional practices that link people with Satan and his kingdom. Those who are involved in these practices must desist and pray for forgiveness. God demands perfection from us. To be perfect is to be holy in thought, words and actions. It is to be free from the works of the flesh and manifest the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:19-24).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Avoid practices that challenge the supremacy and sovereignty of God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 3 September 2020 Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria
- Video of lady expressing love for Kiddwaya September 18, 2020
- Lady holds aboki man on his shirt as she begs for kiss on the highway (Video) September 18, 2020
- Zara’s Nikah 18 September 2020 Update September 18, 2020
- Twist of Fate 18 September 2020 Update September 18, 2020
- Age is Just a Number 18 September 2020 Update September 18, 2020
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya shares first video call, sending lots of love to Erica (Video)
- Davido Replies Kiddwaya After He Reacted To His New Song FEM
- Fan Mocks Vee For Saying There’s Nothing As Sweet As Buying Your Own Car After Ozo Won Yesterday
- BBNaija: Nengi accuses Ozo of masturbating, says there are cum stains on your bed
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon
- BBNaija: Erica Bathed With Me And Brighto Nak3d – says Neo (Video)
- BBNaija: Trikytee fires Dorathy, calls her a sore loser
- Kiddwaya is knacking Erica now while Tolanibaj goes begging Prince – Vee
- BNaija 2020: Kiddwaya clarifies what he did with Nengi in Big Brother toilet
- BBNaija 2020: Laycon’s gossip about me will not change my promise – Kiddwaya