TOPIC: Jubilee Through Christ
MEMORISE: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.” – Luke 4:18
READ: Leviticus 25:10-13 (KJV)
10. And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof; it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
11. A jubilee shall that fiftieth year be unto you; ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed.
12. For it is the jubilee; it shall be holy unto you; ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field.
13. In the year of this jubilee ye shall return every man unto his possession.
Open Heaven 1 October 2020 Devotional MESSAGE
The Bible informs us that every human being is bound to experience some challenges and difficulties in life. The devil is out to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). Many have become victims of the bondage of stagnation, failure, fruitlessness, sickness, disappointment and misfortune. In Old Testament times, Jubilee – observed every fiftieth year, was a time of deliverance from debt as well as recovery of lost property.
The biblical laws regarding Jubilee were in three categories:
1. Redemption of Land
2. Redemption of Houses
3. Redemption of Slaves and Debts
I prophesy to anyone who needs deliverance and restoration: You shall receive Jubilee today in the mighty name of Jesus.
“…Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, And the prey of the terrible shall be delivered…” – Isaiah 49:25. No matter how difficult your captivity experience may have been, JESUS is here to set you free!
Are you bound by sin, burdened by debt or threatened by poverty? Are you involved in a secret society or struggling under the weight of generational curses? Are you under the grip of one addiction or the other? Is your health under attack or the peace of your family threatened? Jubilee through Christ is available every day to everyone who will accept Him as their Lord and Saviour. Accept Jesus today; He will come into your life and turn your situation around for good.
PRAYER POINT: Father, I tap into the joy of Jubilee and receive freedom from all problems and challenges of life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 1, Luke 2:1-38
HYMNAL: Hymn 28 – There Shall Be Showers Of Blessing
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be season refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing:
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, Oh Lord!
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come and now honour Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing;
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now, as to God, we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
Open Heaven 1 October 2020 Devotional Message was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries