Topic: You Can Disagree without Being Disagreeable
“Each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one other” (Romans 14:12-13 NIV).
Many people, including Christians, think they only have to show respect for people with whom they agree. Nothing could be further from the truth. In today’s world, there are many activities in our society that I, as a believer, abhor and actions with which I clearly disagree.
But I still show people respect—even if I know their behavior is wrong.
First, I remember that ultimately every individual will be accountable to God for their own attitudes, actions, and behaviors. One day God will settle the score. Each of us will have to give an account for our behavior.
Second, I’m not God. The people with whom I disagree aren’t accountable to me. They’re accountable to God. It is not my job to be a police officer, running around trying to make everyone who isn’t a believer act like they are believers. In fact, the Bible says people can’t act the way God wants them to act until they have a relationship with him.
The Bible says, “Each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another” (Romans 14:12-13 NIV). It isn’t judgmental to tell the truth to people. If someone is doing something the Bible says is wrong, it’s not being judgmental to tell that person it’s wrong. That’s just telling people the truth. It is judgmental to take the truth and beat people over the head with it, feeling morally superior.
You can disagree with someone without being disagreeable. Honestly, some of the rudest people I’ve ever met were overly zealous Christians who were so committed to the truth that they didn’t really care about people.
You can be right about an issue, but if you aren’t speaking the truth to people in love, you’re not following what the Bible says. Let’s choose to demonstrate the kind of respect Jesus wants us to show others, even when it’s difficult.
Rick Warren Devotional 14 September 2020 Message for Today
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
- Federal govt bans Emirates Airlines from operating in Nigeria September 18, 2020
- Seeds of Destiny 19 September 2020 Devotional By Dr. Paul Enenche September 18, 2020
- Our Daily Bread 19 September 2020 Devotional – In Focus September 18, 2020
- MFM Daily Devotional 19 September 2020 – Dream Monitors September 18, 2020
- Open Heaven 19 September 2020 – Becoming An Examplary Leader 3 September 18, 2020
- Davido Replies Kiddwaya After He Reacted To His New Song FEM
- BBNaija: Erica Bathed With Me And Brighto Nak3d – says Neo (Video)
- BBNaija: I almost had se*x with Neo – Vee confesses to Laycon
- BBNaija: Trikytee fires Dorathy, calls her a sore loser
- BBNaija: Kiddwaya shares first video call, sending lots of love to Erica (Video)
- Kiddwaya is knacking Erica now while Tolanibaj goes begging Prince – Vee
- Fan Mocks Vee For Saying There’s Nothing As Sweet As Buying Your Own Car After Ozo Won Yesterday
- BBNaija: Kenyan socialite, Huddah Monroe Gushes Over Neo (Video)
- Your Mates Are Using iPhone 12, Aunty You Need To Upgrade – Fan Mocks Rita Dominic
- BBNaija: ‘If I Wanted Nengi I Would Have Gone For Her Easily’ – Kiddwaya