TOPIC: God Loves Righteous Deeds
TEXT: Psalm 11(NKJV)
1. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. In the LORD I put my trust; How can you say to my soul, “Flee [as] a bird to your mountain”?
2. For look! The wicked bend [their] bow, They make ready their arrow on the string, That they may shoot secretly at the upright in heart.
3. If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?
4. The LORD [is] in His holy temple, The LORD’s throne [is] in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.
5. The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6. Upon the wicked He will rain coals; Fire and brimstone and a burning wind [Shall be] the portion of their cup.
7. For the LORD [is] righteous, He loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright.
STUDY: The righteous God will never have the wicked for children because, like begets like. Righteous deeds are proof producers of genuine conversion and adequate repentance. Faith without work is dead:“I believe in God without righteousness” is fallacy and a deception. We must bear the fruits that befit our repentance: “The upright shall behold His face” (Psalm 11:7). Righteousness exalts a nation while sin is a reproach. Weapons fashioned against us shall not prosper only when we are established upon righteousness (Isaiah 54:14-17). If the foundations are destroyed, the righteous should raise up foundations built on Christ (Isaiah 58:12).
Righteous deeds include obeying the word of God, avoiding wicked works of any kind, being truthful, being holy, honest, upholding faithfulness, paying your tithes sincerely, helping the widows, the needy and the orphans; keeping yourself unstained, being far from briberyand corruption; walking blamelessly, not slandering people, etc. God’s decree is “Tell the righteous that it shall be well with them, for they shall eat the fruit of their deeds” (Isaiah 3:10). In the righteous, you see the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. These things God loves. Let us strive for peace and holiness without which no eyes shall see the lord.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, help us to seek your kingdom and righteousness first, so that other things will be added to us in Jesus’ name. Amen!
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.— Philippians 1:6
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 29th October 2020 – The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.