Reading 1, Hebrews 13:15-17, 20-21
15 Through him, let us offer God an unending sacrifice of praise, the fruit of the lips of those who acknowledge his name.
16 Keep doing good works and sharing your resources, for these are the kinds of sacrifice that please God.
17 Obey your leaders and give way to them; they watch over your souls because they must give an account of them; make this a joy for them to do, and not a grief — you yourselves would be the losers.
20 I pray that the God of peace, who brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, by the blood that sealed an eternal covenant,
21 may prepare you to do his will in every kind of good action; effecting in us all whatever is acceptable to himself through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Catholic Daily Mass Reading Saturday 6th February 2021 Online
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6
1 [Psalm Of David] Yahweh is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 In grassy meadows he lets me lie. By tranquil streams he leads me
3 to restore my spirit. He guides me in paths of saving justice as befits his name.
4 Even were I to walk in a ravine as dark as death I should fear no danger, for you are at my side. Your staff and your crook are there to soothe me.
5 You prepare a table for me under the eyes of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup brims over.
6 Kindness and faithful love pursue me every day of my life. I make my home in the house of Yahweh for all time to come.
Gospel, Mark 6:30-34
30 The apostles rejoined Jesus and told him all they had done and taught.
31 And he said to them, ‘Come away to some lonely place all by yourselves and rest for a while’; for there were so many coming and going that there was no time for them even to eat.
32 So they went off in the boat to a lonely place where they could be by themselves.
33 But people saw them going, and many recognised them; and from every town they all hurried to the place on foot and reached it before them.
34 So as he stepped ashore he saw a large crowd; and he took pity on them because they were like sheep without a shepherd, and he set himself to teach them at some length.
Our Daily Bread Devotional 2nd March 2021 – Safe and Still
Our Daily Bread Devotional 2nd March 2021 Tuesday Message By Our Daily Bread Ministries, Written By Xochitl Dixon
Topic: Safe and Still
Today’s Scripture: Psalm 91
Key Verse: Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. – Psalm 91:1
INSIGHT: In trying to get Jesus to sin in the wilderness, Satan told Him: “[God] will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone” (Matthew 4:6). This is a quote from Psalm 91:11–12. Intriguingly, the next verse in Psalm 91 says, “You will trample the great lion and the serpent” (v. 13). The lion and the serpent are two images used in Scripture to refer to the devil (1 Peter 5:8; Revelation 12:9). Jesus countered the devil’s misuse of Scripture by quoting Scripture accurately, thus effectively “trampling” His enemy.
Our Daily Bread Today Devotional 2nd March 2021 Today’s Message
As a full-of-energy preschooler, my son Xavier avoided afternoon quiet time. Being still often resulted in an unwanted, though much-needed, nap. So, he’d wiggle in his seat, slide off the sofa, scoot across the hardwood floor, and even roll across the room to evade the quiet. “Mom, I’m hungry . . . I’m thirsty . . . I have to go to the bathroom . . . I want a hug.”
Understanding the benefits of stillness, I’d help Xavier settle down by inviting him to snuggle. Leaning into my side, he’d give in to sleep.
Early in my spiritual life, I mirrored my son’s desire to remain active. Busyness made me feel accepted, important, and in control, while noise distracted me from fretting over my shortcomings and trials. Surrendering to rest only affirmed my frail humanity. So I avoided stillness and silence, doubting God could handle things without my help.
But He’s our refuge, no matter how many troubles or uncertainties surround us. The path ahead may seem long, scary, or overwhelming, but His love envelops us. He hears us, answers us, and stays with us . . . now and forever into eternity (Psalm 91).
We can embrace the quiet and lean into God’s unfailing love and constant presence. We can be still and rest in Him because we’re safe under the shelter of His unchanging faithfulness (v. 4).
Reflect & Pray
In what ways have you seen God’s protection in your life? How can you face difficulties knowing that God has you under His wings?
Heavenly Father, thank You for providing a safe haven of unfailing love.
To learn more about growing spiritually in your walk with God, visit ChristianUniversity.org/SF104.
Thanks for reading Our Daily Bread Today Devotional 2nd March 2021 – Safe and Still
Our Daily Manna 2 March 2021 ODM Devotional – When Your Zklag is Burnt 2
TOPIC: When Your Zklag is Burnt -2
Message: Yesterday’s devotional ended with Psalm 77:11: “I will remember the works of the LORD; surely I will remember Thy wonders of old…” Did you get that? REMEMBERING THE WONDERS OF OLD! That was DAVID’s secret! That means when his Ziklag (his comfort/ joy) was burnt, when he lost everything, when his trusted friends turned against him, he just SWITCHED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE WONDERS OF WHAT GOD HAD DONE IN THE PAST! Wow! Instead of sitting on the ashes of despair, self-blame, self-pity and frustration, etc, HE SWITCHED to the WONDERS OF OLD! That was why HE ENCOURAGED HIMSELF IN THE LORD!
Consider all these: “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God” (Psalm 20:7). “O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember Thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar” (Psalm 42:6). “And I said, ‘This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High” (Psalm 77:10).
“Remember His marvellous works that He hath done; His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth” (Psalm 105:5). “I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Thy works; I muse on the work of Thy hands” (Psalm 143:5). Wow! So David encouraged himself in the LORD by remembering past wonders and victories! He encouraged himself by focusing upon God’s faithfulness and God’s goodness! He encouraged himself by praising God’s greatness and by changing his attitude/outlook (seeing beyond the difficulty to focus on the solution).
In this year 2021, when your “Ziklag” (expectations) goes up in smoke and all you see is delay or disappointments, just SWITCH and REMEMBER HIS WONDERS OF OLD! ASHES, SMOKE, WEEPING will never be your last bus-stop because your God has done it before and He will do it again in Jesus name! Hold on and hold out! MANNA AIR BRIGADE! JOIN THE MANNA AIR BRIGADE (MANNA TV PARTNERS)!
Sow your SEED as led into any account on page 29 of ODM. AND GET SPECIAL 7 PROPHETIC PRAYERS EVERY MONTH TO GUIDE YOU FOR THE MONTH plus other benefits. Send SMS/ whatsapp to +234-903 264 8292 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org after sowing your seed.
Our Daily Manna 2 March 2021 ODM Devotional Prayer Points!
1. Take Song 2: What a friend we have…
2. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
3. Pray for all MANNA AIR BRIGADE PARTNERS for the next 3 days! Declare Psalm 77: 11-14 and Psalm 143:5 again and again.
4. In this year 2021, Jehovah God, You are my STONE OF HELP.
5. In this year 2021, I determine toREMEMBER THE WONDERS OF OLD! I shall remember His marvellous works; I shall muse (meditate) on the work of His hands and I shall focus upon God’s faithfulness and mercies! And I shall encourage myself in Him in Jesus name.
6. I decree that what God has written concerning me in 2021 shall ALL locate me. Pray in Tongues seriously as led now.
7. Pray about today as led now.
Thanks for reading Our Daily Manna 2 March 2021 ODM Devotional – Not A Five Star Hotel! See The Promises! written by Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe the founder of the various Manna Prayer Mountain (MPM) worldwide.
Open Heaven 2nd March 2021 Devotional – State Of The Vessel
TOPIC: State Of The Vessel
“Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the LORD, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in?” – (2 Samuel 7:5)
READ: 2 Samuel 7:1-17 (KJV)
1. And it came to pass, when the king sat in his house, and the LORD had given him rest round about from all his enemies;
2. That the king said unto Nathan the prophet, See now, I dwell in an house of cedar, but the ark of God dwelleth within curtains.
3. And Nathan said to the king, Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the LORD is with thee.
4. And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying,
5. Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the LORD, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in?
6. Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle.
7. In all the places wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spake I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying, Why build ye not me an house of cedar?
8. Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel;
9. And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.
10. Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,
11. And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the LORD telleth thee that he will make thee an house.
12. And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
14. I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men;
15. But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
16. And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee; thy throne shall be established for ever.
17. According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.
Open Heaven 2nd March 2021 Devotional MESSAGE:
Many times, I listen to people preach and notice certain things they say that are not correct. This makes it pertinent for me to share with you that the vessel bringing the message is very important. This is not necessarily because the fellow preaching is a sinner, but rather that sometimes, preachers say things based on their emotions. Pastors are human too, you know. For example, In our Bible reading for today, David told Nathan that he wanted to build a house for God and Nathan said God was with him.
And Nathan said to the king, Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the LORD is with thee. – (2 Samuel 7:3)
Nathan was excited at the thought of a temple for his God. He also assumed that God would be excited about the idea too, so to him, God was definitely in support of David. Later on, God told him, “Nathan, I am not in support of David’s idea to build a house for Me as you told him”. Thank God that Nathan was humble enough to go back to tell David that he was wrong, and then he relayed the real message from God to him.
Dear child of God, please always ensure that you are relaying the correct message from God to the people, and not just what you feel is correct. Also, because you are human, if it so happens that you say something that is not correct and God corrects you later, please don’t hesitate to tell the people the correct thing.
Some other times, the message is coming from God but may be polluted by human nature or spirit. No matter how pure the water may be, the vessel has something with the final product. This is why we children must ensure that we are led by the Holy Spirit at all times. No passing of a message in the flesh is allowed at all. No matter our opinion on an issue, If God gives you a related message, deliver it exactly as relayed by God.
Don’t let your culture influence a message from God. Don’t let your emotions, whether anger or excitement influence how you pass on a message from God. Being used by God is a privilege that should never be taken with levity.
If you are not yet being used by God however, ask yourself if you have yielded completely to Him. Purify yourself with the blood of Jesus and you will become fit for the master’s use.
Please pray for me as I mark another birthday anniversary today, that the Lord will do greater things than ever before through me, for His glory, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
HYMN 14 – JESUS, MY LORD, MY GOD, MY ALL
1. Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all,
Hear me, blest Saviour, when I call;
Hear me, and from Thy dwelling place
Pour down the riches of Thy grace;
Jesus, my Lord, I Thee adore;
O make me love Thee more and more.
2. Jesus, too late I Thee have sought;
How can I love Thee as I ought?
And how extol Thy matchless fame,
The glorious beauty of Thy name?
3. Jesus, what didst Thou find in me,
That Thou hast dealt so lovingly?
How great the joy that Thou hast brought
So far exceeding hope or thought!
4. Jesus, of Thee shall be my song,
To Thee my heart and soul belong;
All that I have or am is Thine,
And Thou, blest Saviour, Thou art mine.
Open Heaven 2nd March 2021 Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries
Daily Devotional & Sermon1 day ago
Rhapsody of Realities 1st March 2021 – Speak Words from the Father
LIVE STREAMING2 days ago
Catholic Mass Online Sunday 28th February 2021 – 2nd Sunday of Lent
Daily Devotional & Sermon4 days ago
Open Heaven Friday 26th February 2021 – Danger of Alcohol (2)
LIVE STREAMING2 days ago
Catholic Sunday Mass 28th February 2021 – 2nd Sunday of Lent
Daily Devotional & Sermon3 days ago
Open Heaven 27th February 2021 – Danger of Alcohol (3)