Daily Fountain Devotional 28 March 2023, Tuesday Daily Devotional Reading
Read Tuesday Daily Fountain Devotional 28 March 2023 Message
TOPIC: The Greatest of These Is Love
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 13(NKJV)
1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2. And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor,] and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4. Love suffers long [and] is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5. does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6. does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7. bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8. Love never fails. But whether [there are] prophecies, they will fail; whether [there are] tongues, they will cease; whether [there is] knowledge, it will vanish away.
9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love.
Daily Fountain Devotional 28 March 2023 STUDY
The word love has been misconstrued in the world today. Absence of love causes divorce, violence, wars, murder, etc. Today’s text reveals the true meaning of love, its qualities and importance. Love is greater than the virtues of faith and hope. It has qualities of patience, tolerance, kindness, self-control, humility etc. The world defines spirituality and religious commitment with ability to display miraculous signs, sacrifices of martyrdom or for poverty alleviation.
Some people also make such people who display these great acts as their role models and become their disciples in some instances. Unfortunately, the announcement of heaven is that God equates such ‘great’ acts as ‘noise’ and ‘nothingness’ if they are devoid of love(vs.1-3). They only matter and have weight on heavenly measuring scales if done on a platter of love.
Love is the greatest because God is love (1 John 4: 8). Hence, it is impossible to display these qualities of love if God is not in charge of your life. He comes in when you invite Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Saviour. Habitual close walk with God will increase your capacity to love others, which is a sign that you know God (1 John 4: 7-8).Love is now more pertinent in these perilous times when situations that make love to wax cold will continually emerge. Are you walking in love?
PRAYER: Holy Spirit of God, help me to love God and my brethren unconditionally, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
DAILY FOUNTAIN QUOTE OF THE DAY: Never tire of doing good, for in time you will reap a harvest. Galatians 6:9
The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.