DCLM Daily Manna 12 May 2022 (Thursday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 12 May 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: His Ways Are Higher
TEXT: Job 24:1-13
1. Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days?
2. Some remove the landmarks; they violently take away flocks, and feed thereof.
3. They drive away the ass of the fatherless, they take the widow’s ox for a pledge.
4. They turn the needy out of the way; the poor of the earth hide themselves together.
5. Behold, as wild asses in the desert, go they forth to their work; rising betimes for a prey; the wilderness yieldeth food for them and for their children.
6. They reap every one his corn in the field; and they gather the vintage of the wicked.
7. They cause the naked to lodge without clothing, that they have no covering in the cold.
8. They are wet with the showers of the mountains, and embrace the rock for want of a shelter.
9. They pluck the fatherless from the breast, and take a pledge of the poor.
10. They cause him to go naked without clothing, and they take away the sheaf from the hungry;
11. Which make oil within their walls, and tread their winepresses, and suffer thirst.
12. Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out; yet God layeth not folly to them.
13. They are of those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof.
“Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out: yet God layeth not folly to them.” – (Job 24:12)
DCLM Daily Manna 12 May 2022 MESSAGE:
The Deism School of thought says after the Lord created the world, He went away and left man on his own to run the planet the way it suits him. Deists say this explains why the wicked are in charge with impunity, with no power to check them. They believe God has left His watch.
Following the death of his children, sickness and heavy losses in business, Job asked to know why the Lord was far from him. After all, he has served Him all his life and deserves to be rewarded for his holy walk with Him. Pondering over his condition, he says of the godless, “They turn the needy out of the way…They pluck the fatherless from the breast…They…rebel against the light.”
Yet, there is an appointed time for the conclusion of the rule of evil people on earth. The Lord says, “I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible” (Isaiah 13:11). The wicked shall be consumed by the whirlwind of wickedness except they repent from their evil ways.
The Lord calls the believer to remain righteous, especially in these perilous times when many are departing from holy living. No matter what happens around us, we should not question God and His system of justice. We must bear in mind that His ways are far higher than ours. We must pray for faith to embrace His promises under any circumstances, knowing that He will never leave nor forsake us.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Our good God will fulfil His good thoughts towards us.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 1-3
DCLM Daily Manna 12 May 2022 (Thursday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 12 May 2022