DCLM Daily Manna 13 May 2022 (Friday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 13 May 2022 Devotional
DCLM Daily Manna 13 May 2022 TOPIC: Speak Out!
TEXT: Luke 12:1-12
1. In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
2. For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
3. Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
4. And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear; Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
6. Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
7. But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore; ye are of more value than many sparrows.
8. Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God;
9. But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.
10. And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
11. And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say;
12. For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.
“In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.” – (Luke 12:1)
DCLM Daily Manna 13 May 2022 MESSAGE:
Those who are mightily used of God do not declare their convictions in secret. They make an open show of their belief and damn the consequences! For instance, when Martin Luther was brought before the Diet of Worms, he refused to take back his teachings and was declared a heretic by the emperor. It was at that gathering that he declared; “here I stand, I can do no other,” and then concluded with “God help me.”
In our text, our Lord Jesus addressed His disciples openly, warning and encouraging them on how to go about their ministry. Although He knew that there were some Pharisees in the gathering who must have come to find fault, Jesus openly told His disciples, “Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees”. He identified the leaven as the insincere religiosity of the Pharisees. He spoke openly, condemning the hypocrisy that had become the norm among them.
This should challenge us as believers not to become silent and allow evil to thrive before us. Jesus did not care what the Pharisees could do to Him. Even though He knew they would eventually kill Him, He never massaged their ego. Like Christ, we should learn to speak against evil openly, regardless of the consequences.
We must be the true sons and daughters of our Father. As Jesus represented His Father so well while on earth, we must not do less because we are the true representatives of Christ today.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Never keep mute in the face of opposition.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 4-6
DCLM Daily Manna 13 May 2022 (Friday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 13 May 2022