DCLM Daily Manna 14 May 2022 (Saturday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 14 May 2022 Devotional
DCLM Daily Manna 13 May 2022 TOPIC: Great Confidence
TEXT: Job 23:1-17
1. Then Job answered and said,
2. Even to day is my complaint bitter; my stroke is heavier than my groaning.
3. Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat!
4. I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments.
5. I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me.
6. Will he plead against me with his great power? No; but he would put strength in me.
7. There the righteous might dispute with him; so should I be delivered for ever from my judge.
8. Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him;
9. On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him; he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him;
10. But he knoweth the way that I take; when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
11. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined.
12. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
13. But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14. For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me; and many such things are with him.
15. Therefore am I troubled at his presence; when I consider, I am afraid of him.
16. For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me;
17. Because I was not cut off before the darkness, neither hath he covered the darkness from my face.
“But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” – (Job 23:10)
DCLM Daily Manna 14 May 2022 MESSAGE:
A story is told of Queen Victoria (Alexandria Victoria), the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from June 20, 1837 and the first Empress of India of the British Raj from May 1, 1876 until her death. She was said to have requested the hymn “Rock of Ages cleft for me; let me hide myself in Thee” to be sung for her as she was about to die.
She might have been perceived as a sinner while she carried out her official duties; but on her deathbed, she told those around her that she loved God and was confident in the face of death.
Similarly, Job, despite the deluge of allegations by his friends concerning his relationship with God, knew perfectly well that the Rock of Ages had been his anchor and that He never allowed his feet to slip to evil. He was confident of his obedience to the word of the Lord, which had always guided him. Little wonder he declared, “Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips…” (Verse 12).
Beyond the perception of his friends about his true spiritual state and the reason for his affliction, Job was convinced about his robust relationship with God. He chose to lean on Him rather than join issues with his friends.
In the same way, once you have a good relationship with God, your confidence will remain unshakable, irrespective of what others say or think of you.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Opinions of others should not define your identity and destiny.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 7-8
DCLM Daily Manna 14 May 2022 (Saturday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 14 May 2022