DCLM Daily Manna 18 May 2022 (Wednesday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 18 May 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: Power Of The Gospel
TEXT: Psalm 112:1-10
1. Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
2. His seed shall be mighty upon earth; the generation of the upright shall be blessed.
3. Wealth and riches shall be in his house; and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4. Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness; he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.
5. A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth; he will guide his affairs with discretion.
6. Surely he shall not be moved for ever; the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.
7. He shall not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.
8. His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.
9. He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.
10. The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away; the desire of the wicked shall perish.
“He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.” – (Psalm 112:7)
DCLM Daily Manna 18 May 2022 MESSAGE:
When the panicking leaders of a nation decided they had had enough of a daily menu of what they called “nothing but evil news” from the local media, they wielded the big stick of shutting them down. The point however, was that what the proscribed media faithfully reported: banditry, kidnappings, cases of rape, armed robbery, communal clashes, child molestation, ritual murders, political instability among other security breaches, did not disappear with the disappearance of the media reports.
The believer should emulate the psalmist in our Bible passage. He must “not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart [should be] fixed, trusting in the LORD”. The true Christian will enjoy more peace in the midst of turmoil as he feeds himself with the comfort of the gospel of the Prince of peace.
What the world is getting in the form of evil is the result of what it is consuming: false philosophy and erroneous doctrines that are contrary to the teachings of Christ. These have not produced men and women who are “gracious, and full of compassion”. Filled with fear of worldly news instead of fear of the laws of God, and of looming judgment upon the sinner, “The wicked shall…be grieved.”
The Church must be more alive today to counter the evil news of the world with the comforting news of the gospel. With it, we can free the society from fear. That is the only way to defeat the onslaught of pernicious news in our society today.
DCLM Daily Manna 18 May 2022 THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The solution to evil news is to spread the gospel news.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 18-19
DCLM Daily Manna 18 May 2022 (Wednesday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 18 May 2022