DCLM Daily Manna 21th August 2022 Devotional for Sunday
TOPIC: Enjoying The Children’s Bread
TEXT: Acts 9:32-43
32. And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.
33. And there he found a certain man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy.
34. And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole; arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.
35. And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord.
36. Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas; this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.
37. And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died; whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.
38. And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.
39. Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber; and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
40. But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes; and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
41. And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.
42. And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.
43. And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner.
“But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up. And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.” – (Acts 9:40,41).
DCLM Daily Manna 21th August 2022 Devotional MESSAGE
Life for a child of God is an unfolding miracle every day. From dawn till dusk, so many things happen to thwart the well-organised plan of man. But when the Lord steps in, the impossible soon becomes possible and the believer begins to testify how the intervention of Jesus makes a positive difference always.
Two miracles occurred in our passage today. The first was in Lydda and the second in Joppa. At Lydda, while visiting the saints, Peter found Aeneas, a man who had been bedridden for eight years. Upon his declaration, “…arise, and make thy bed”, the sick man arose immediately. He was later summoned to Joppa because of the death of Dorcas. Peter prayed and commanded the body to rise. She miraculously responded and came back to life.
Apart from the hope of eternal life, we also enjoy many benefits of being children of God. One of such blessings is healing. While on earth, Jesus healed many sick people who came to Him. After His death and resurrection, the disciples also continued making people enjoy miracle-filled moments in the service of the Master.
It is your right to receive favour and miracles today if you already have a right relationship with the Lord. Just as He used Peter to bless Aeneas and Dorcas, He will not only use you to bless others, but He will make you a living and walking miracle today.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Maintaining the right standing with God makes us recipients of miracles.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 21th August 2022 Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 21th August 2022 Devotional