DCLM Daily Manna 27 April 2022 (Wednesday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 27 April 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: Pebbles On The Path
TEXT: Jeremiah 20:1-6
1. Now Pashur the son of Immer the priest, who was also chief governor in the house of the LORD, heard that Jeremiah prophesied these things.
2. Then Pashur smote Jeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the high gate of Benjamin, which was by the house of the LORD.
3. And it came to pass on the morrow, that Pashur brought forth Jeremiah out of the stocks. Then said Jeremiah unto him, The LORD hath not called thy name Pashur, but Magormissabib.
4. For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will make thee a terror to thyself, and to all thy friends; and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and thine eyes shall behold it; and I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall carry them captive into Babylon, and shall slay them with the sword.
5. Moreover I will deliver all the strength of this city, and all the labours thereof, and all the precious things thereof, and all the treasures of the kings of Judah will I give into the hand of their enemies, which shall spoil them, and take them, and carry them to Babylon.
6. And thou, Pashur, and all that dwell in thine house shall go into captivity; and thou shalt come to Babylon, and there thou shalt die, and shalt be buried there, thou, and all thy friends, to whom thou hast prophesied lies.
“Then Pashur smote Jeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the high gate of Benjamin, which was by the house of the LORD.” – (Jeremiah 20:2)
DCLM Daily Manna 27 April 2022 MESSAGE:
In 1956, five evangelical Christian missionaries from USA travelled to Ecuador, South America, to preach the gospel to unreached communities; they were all killed. Many committed servants of God have paid the supreme price in the course of divine service. Persecution of the righteous has always been the hallmark of faithful service to the Lord.
Jeremiah, in obedience to God’s command, prophesied against some of the elders of the people and the priests whose actions were corrupt. This angered Pashur who was the chief governor in the house of the Lord. He arrested and chastised Jeremiah, putting him in stock. Though maltreated, Jeremiah refused to be demoralised. He rather grew bolder in declaring the whole counsel of God.
Jeremiah is just one of the numerous Christian role models who triumphed despite severe oppositions. He remained an inspiring example for those who will be fearless and faithful followers of Christ and preachers of the undiluted word of God. Persecution will remain a common experience of true Christians because “as …he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now” (Galatians 4:29).
Those who are called of God for Kingdom service must understand that the converse side of total commitment to the course of the gospel is unbridled persecution. Courage to persevere comes from looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. We must be ready to follow the Lord and endure to the end to win the crown.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
He who gives the assignment watches over you.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 1-2
DCLM Daily Manna 27 April 2022 (Wednesday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 27 April 2022