DCLM Daily Manna 7 May 2022 (Saturday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 7 May 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: Where Is Your Treasure?
TEXT: Luke 12:32-48
32. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33. Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
35. Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
36. And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
37. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching; verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
38. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40. Be ye therefore ready also; for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
41. Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
42. And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
43. Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
44. Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
45. But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
46. The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
47. And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required; and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” – (Luke 12:34)
DCLM Daily Manna 7 May 2022 MESSAGE:
If men were denied a focus in life, they would lose a basis for existence. They would live an aimless life unbefitting of a human being created by God to enjoy the abundance brought by Christ. But the Lord’s intention is that man should have a noble purpose and pursue it with all his energy.
That was the essential point our Lord Jesus Christ stressed as He addressed His disciples on the key issues of His Second Coming and the need for watchfulness. He spoke of the connection between what you aim for and how this goal should consume all your time and resources. The Lord says the destination of such a prized possession should be “in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.”
God is interested in man’s final destination and seeks his spiritual welfare above all else. He is aware that man’s secular activities can influence his spiritual aspirations. A positive impact would take place only if the goal is heaven with all energies directed towards that goal. Faithfulness, watchfulness, guarding against distractions and the cares of this life are qualities required of a believer who lays his treasure in heaven.
The Christian’s treasures far outstrip the riches of this life. The time, skills and all that we give to God amount to the treasures we are posting to heaven, in appreciation of the blessings we enjoy in Christ. We also fervently preach the Word in obedience to His commandment and to prepare for His imminent return as He promised. No treasure is too great to offer to accomplish this mission.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
No possession is too prized to deposit for safekeeping with God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 21-22
DCLM Daily Manna 7 May 2022 (Saturday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 7 May 2022