DCLM Daily Manna 7th April 2022 (Thursday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 7th April 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: Above Our Adversaries
TEXT: Joshua 15:21-47
21. And the uttermost cities of the tribe of the children of Judah toward the coast of Edom southward were Kabzeel, and Eder, and Jagur,
22. And Kinah, and Dimonah, and Adadah,
23. And Kedesh, and Hazor, and Ithnan,
24. Ziph, and Telem, and Bealoth,
25. And Hazor, Hadattah, and Kerioth, and Hezron, which is Hazor,
26. Amam, and Shema, and Moladah,
27. And Hazargaddah, and Heshmon, and Bethpalet,
28. And Hazarshual, and Beersheba, and Bizjothjah,
29. Baalah, and Iim, and Azem,
30. And Eltolad, and Chesil, and Hormah,
31. And Ziklag, and Madmannah, and Sansannah,
32. And Lebaoth, and Shilhim, and Ain, and Rimmon; all the cities are twenty and nine, with their villages;
33. And in the valley, Eshtaol, and Zoreah, and Ashnah,
34. And Zanoah, and Engannim, Tappuah, and Enam,
35. Jarmuth, and Adullam, Socoh, and Azekah,
36. And Sharaim, and Adithaim, and Gederah, and Gederothaim; fourteen cities with their villages;
37. Zenan, and Hadashah, and Migdalgad,
38. And Dilean, and Mizpeh, and Joktheel,
39. Lachish, and Bozkath, and Eglon,
40. And Cabbon, and Lahmam, and Kithlish,
41. And Gederoth, Bethdagon, and Naamah, and Makkedah; sixteen cities with their villages;
42. Libnah, and Ether, and Ashan,
43. And Jiphtah, and Ashnah, and Nezib,
44. And Keilah, and Achzib, and Mareshah; nine cities with their villages;
45. Ekron, with her towns and her villages;
46. From Ekron even unto the sea, all that lay near Ashdod, with their villages;
47. Ashdod with her towns and her villages, Gaza with her towns and her villages, unto the river of Egypt, and the great sea, and the border thereof;
“Ashdod with her towns and her villages, Gaza with her towns and her villages, unto the river of Egypt, and the great sea, and the border thereof.” – (Joshua 15:47)
DCLM Daily Manna 7th April 2022 (Thursday) MESSAGE:
The Duke of Wellington and Napoleon Bonaparte were born in the same year, 1769. Each was born on an island and became fatherless in early boyhood; they each had four brothers and three sisters, and each attended military school in France and at the same time. Both became lieutenant colonels within a day of each other; both excelled in mathematics and were great soldiers; they each commanded great armies. And both are remembered for what happened at Waterloo, where one became a victor and the other a loser.
In the passage before us, the tribe of Judah moved into her possession, dispossessing their archenemies, the Philistines, in the process. Their border stretched to the river of Egypt, another enemy nation that had enslaved Israel for over four hundred years. The two Philistine cities of Ashdod and Gaza together with their towns and villages were captured and possessed by Judah, along with a host of other cities.
This narrative provides the template for hope and assurance that as the Lord has promised, the Church will continue to overcome and dominate her enemies. The gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
No matter the assaults of the enemies against your life, step out today in faith and assurance that the host of heaven will give you a resounding victory. Remember the promise that “whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world” (1 John 5:4). Believers should claim God’s promise of victory. As we go in this assurance all through the year, we will be more than conquerors in Christ Jesus.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
We are more than conquerors.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 7th April 2022 (Thursday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.