Welcome to Seed of Destiny Devotional written by Dr. Paul Enenche
TOPIC: Dealing With Negative Tendencies/Habits
TODAY: Wednesday April 5, 2017
Scripture: And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Genesis 32:26-28
Thought For The Day: Nothing changes by chance, things change by choice; where there is no choice, there is no chance.
From our anchor scripture, we see that Jacob was a man who was plagued by negative tendencies that followed him for a long time.
He struggled with his brother, Esau from the womb of his mother in the process of delivery; he struggled to exchange his birth right with his brother’s; he lied to get the blessing of his father by pretending to be his brother, Esau; in Laban’s house, he laboured for fourteen years to get married to the woman he loved.
But when Jacob discovered these negative tendencies in his life, he decided to deal with them and they were broken.
Beloved, negative tendencies and habits are breakable – be it masturbation, homosexuality, fornication, adultery, cultism, robbery/stealing, cheating, etc.
What are some of the steps to dealing with negative tendencies or habits?
1. You must identify the tendency/habit that you are battling with. What has not been identified cannot be rectified.
2. Decide to confront the tendency/habit. Nothing changes by chance, things change by choice; where there is no choice, there is no chance.
3. Confront it. What you do not confront, you cannot conquer.
4. Refuse to give up the fight.
5. Replace negative tendencies and habits with positive tendencies/habits.
Remember this: Nothing changes by chance, things change by choice; where there is no choice, there is no chance.
1. Identify any negative tendency/habit in your life and trust God to break them away from your life.
2. Avoid the wrong company.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: DEALING WITH NEGATIVE TENDENCIES/HABITS
Daily Reading: Deuteronomy 28:1 to 68, Luke 11:14 to 36, Psalm 77:1 to 20, Proverbs 12:18
Quote: Progress is only made when lessons are learnt. Culled from 21 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO by Dr Paul Enenche.
Amazing Fact: Cows have best friends and experience stress when they are removed from them.
Today In History: 05/04/1971 – Canadian Fran Phipps becomes the first woman to reach the North Pole.