SHARE

Hollywood actor, George Takei,80, who rose to fame playing Hikaru Sulu on the original Star Trek television series was accused on Friday of sexual assault by Scott R. Brunton, a former actor and model.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Scott R. Brunton said the incident occurred in 1981 when he was beginning his career in Hollywood. He said he met Takei, who was 43 or 44 years old then, at a bar and the pair reportedly exchanged numbers and talked on occasion.

When Brunton, then 23 years old, broke up with his boyfriend at the time, he said Takei “was a great ear.”Hollywood actor George Takei

“He was very good at consoling me and understanding that I was upset and still in love with my boyfriend,” Brunton recalled to The Hollywood Reporter. “He was very good about me spilling my heart on my sleeve.”

Read: UK doctor charged with 118 sexual offences

Following a night out, the duo reportedly went back to Takei’s apartment for drinks. During the second round, Brunton said he began “feeling very disoriented and dizzy” and thought he “was going to pass out,” he told The Hollywood Reporter.

Brunton claimed he “passed out” in a beanbag chair in Takei’s apartment and when he regained consciousness, he allegedly found himself in a compromising position.

“The next thing I remember I was coming to and he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear,” Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter. “I came to and said, ‘What are you doing?!’ I said, ‘I don’t want to do this.’”

Brunton claimed he left the apartment despite Takei telling him “to relax” and “get comfortable.”

“I managed to get my pants up and compose myself and I was just shocked,” Brunton said. “I walked out and went to my car until I felt well enough to drive home, and that was that.”

Thinking no one would believe him, Brunton said he never went to the press with his story because “it’s my word against his,” he told the outlet.

Brunton told The Hollywood Reporter that he doesn’t “want anything from [Takei] but an apology” but he expects him to “disown all this.”

Four friends of Brunton’s confirmed to the outlet that their friend had previously spoken to them about the incident.

Read Also: 5 women accused Louis C.K. of sexual misconduct

Reacting to the allegation on Twitter, George Takei, who had blasted Kevin Spacey for his sexual assault on fellow actor Anthony Rapp denied the allegation and he is ‘shocked’ and ‘bewildered’ at the claims.

Read his statement below…

Friends,

I’m writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Bruton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them.

The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do

But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment.

Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful

Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times

Comments

comments