Read In Touch Daily Devotional For September 26, 2023 – Tuesday Daily Devotional Message Written Dr. Charles Stanley
TOPIC: The Benefits of Accountability
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: Hebrews 10:23-25
Yesterday, we learned that we’re all answerable to someone. Today, let’s look at the benefits of accountability:
- Clear direction. Honesty about your faults allows you the opportunity to hear right counsel and encouragement. This will help you do and become all that God has in mind for you.
- Increased integrity. If you have to give an account to somebody, you’re more likely to be honest and transparent.
- Better stewardship. Accounting for the way you use money, time, or talent makes you careful not to waste those resources.
- Protection against excess. As children of God, we are free in Christ, but an accountability partner helps us stay balanced and guards us from taking liberties.
- Healthy self-examination. Another person can often point out what we cannot see in ourselves.
- Safeguard against unwise relationships. If you give an account of the places you go and the people you spend time with, you’ll be more likely to make wise choices.
Unbridled freedom may seem like a great blessing, but it can be a recipe for disaster. Do you give an account to anybody for the way you handle money, time, and relationships? If not, consider inviting a trustworthy Christian to fill that role. Taking this step reveals a heart that longs to please God.
Bible in One Year: Nahum 1-3
Thought for Today: Giving others permission to speak into our life helps us avoid common pitfalls.
In Touch Daily Devotional 26th September 2023. Charles Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta and founder of In Touch Ministries, both located in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Stanley’s heart’s desire is to get the gospel to “as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, as clearly as possible, as irresistibly as possible, through the power of the Holy Spirit to the glory of God.