Read In Touch Daily Devotional For September 28, 2023 – Thursday Daily Devotional Message Written Dr. Charles Stanley
TOPIC: Wisdom for Life’s Trials
SCRIPTURE: James 1:5-8
At first glance, today’s passage on wisdom doesn’t seem related to trials, but James is actually continuing His thoughts from the previous three verses. We need wisdom to know how to respond to suffering. This means we should see trials from God’s viewpoint and understand His purposes in allowing them in our life. If you want to profit from struggles, be sustained in them, and come through with joy, you must believe:
- The Lord is in control. Your trial won’t go beyond the boundaries He has set.
- He has a specific purpose for your suffering.
- This hardship will prove to be profitable if you submit to God and trust Him through it.
- Trying situations are opportunities for faith to prove genuine and grow stronger.
- When you endure suffering with unexplainable peace and joy, God will demonstrate His sustaining power to others.
- The Father uses trials to produce Christlike character.
- God will walk with you through all difficulties.
If you believe these principles, they will shape how you respond to painful challenges. This perspective eliminates the negative reactions normally elicited by trials and makes supernatural responses possible. Instead of feeling miserable and hopeless, you’ll experience amazing peace and joy.
Bible in One Year: Zephaniah 1-3, Haggai 1:1-15, Haggai 2:1-23
Thought For The Day: Instead of feeling hopeless and discouraged by trials, we can choose to walk with God in peace and joy.
In Touch Daily Devotional 28th September 2023. Charles Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta and founder of In Touch Ministries, both located in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Stanley’s heart’s desire is to get the gospel to “as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, as clearly as possible, as irresistibly as possible, through the power of the Holy Spirit to the glory of God.